January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Basically it seems to me that your whole shtick is based on your opinion that Lambert would have signed somebody by now if he had money, rather than it just being the usual case of silly season chicken that even clubs like Arsenal, with an apparent fortune to spend, have to play.

Ok, let me humour you for a moment - According to your " indirect link to the topTM " What is the budget that is available for Lambert to spend this window? According to you we have "some money" - what is that amount, £500k or £5m or £30m? I assume its not reliant on us selling someone as you are claiming it is available now. IF we don't sign someone is that because Lambert will decide not too?

IF we don't sign someone is that because Lambert will decide not too?

it could be because the player he wanted isnt available with the amount of money we have. or the player he wanted isn't available full stop. or the player he wanted didn't want to join us. it could be that he has a big old list of players but they're all turning out to be overpriced, want too much money or just don't fancy joining a club in the bottom 5 of the premiership

it seems to me like you'd be happy with us signing absolutely anyone, simply to sign someone. that's hardly the best way to make good use of the money available to you, no matter how much or how little

Proof will be in the pudding for me. We would be stupid not to sign any players - permanent or loan. I am sure PL knows that. His reputation will be shattered if we get relegated. If he had no money the guy would walk. He is an ambitious person, ambitious enough not to be hung out to dry by RL.

Perhaps Newcastle’s struggles aren’t just about the players, perhaps its the manager....

On MOTD the other night Shearer seemed to think Newcastle's players were great when they're winning and disappear when they losing like now. Not sure I agree with Cabaye - he looked great on Saturday. But certainly Tiote and Cisse have gone off the boil. Demba Ba had zero motivation for them this season. As soon as he moved to Chelsea his knee suddenly was fine. Also Ben Arfa wants out apparently. Hopefully that attitude will spread throughout their squad - new recruits and all.

I get the impression that Lambert scouts players a bit like O'Neill with personality and temperament playing a big part - so they're easier to motivate. Newcastle are perhaps putting all of their emphasis on raw talent.

it seems to me like you'd be happy with us signing absolutely anyone, simply to sign someone. that's hardly the best way to make good use of the money available to you, no matter how much or how little

I don't quite know how you got to that because my thinking is the complete opposite, in fact.

I would only bring players in if they were the right price and would go straight into the first team.

My understanding is that there is no money to spend but Mazrim claims he knows "indirectly from the top??" that we have money - my question to him was "how much and is it up to Lambert if it is spent or not"

I'm off to see us smash Bradford now anyway

Lambert gives the club a list of players he would like to sign. It's not his job to tie up the deal in relation to negotiations.

I would then suggest to you Lambert has no control over when a deal is finalised. I'm sure he wanted players in 1st Jan. So far not been possible, we wait and see like Lambert whether anyone comes in…

Lambert tonight when asked about adding new players...

Long pause.... "Listen the chairman has been great with me. It's the wrong time to be asking me that question".

Now what the **** does that mean?!