January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

You miss the point,

The point being, why bother exerting energy in typing I KNOW, through my extensive and reliable sources (not opinion but fact), that there is no money to spend but that MAY CHANGE.

For instance, "Look at the snow chaps, the match against Newcastle will be postponed. However the weather may change by next week so it may go ahead"

Surely a pointless statement.

Why bother coming on a forum in the first place then - just as pointless

I know ITK's are ridiculed on here but mostly people hear the odd thing which they pass on, never the full story.

ITK's aren't ridiculed VillaCas, prats are.

Prats who spout off 'facts', but then say that these facts could, of course, be proved false if "things change"

• Like 1

Why bother coming on a forum in the first place then - just as pointless

The difference is that a forum is for discussion. Discussion is healthy, it gets your mind going. That can't be pointless.

It is, however, pointless to repeatedly say something will NOT happen, if you are then going to say 'oh ok, iv it could happen if..'

Do you understand?

Remember when you respond to this, you've already used a few clever lines like "are you for real?" and "grow up", so make sure you pull out another zinger. How about "when is your bedtime?" or "my dads bigger than your dad"?

Surely he would lose £100m's if we were relegated?

He wouldnt lose 100m's at all imo. What he would lose is money he never had, so he wouldnt actually lose anything. More miss out on things if you see what I mean.

Also, there is a certain amount of money clubs receive for staying in the premiership. If QPR stay up, £8m of whatever they receive is already spent. Therefore investing heavily in January would minimise the financial rewards of staying in the prem (which of course is not guaranteed).

Edited by Woodytom

Pitiful

Consider this.... A Policeman arrests a man for murder, puts him before the Court and tells the judge that it is a fact the man is a murderer.

When questioned by the defence, the Policeman then says "well er..... He is the murderer unless the situation changes"

The Policeman's credibility is clearly an issue.

Now re read my post, but removing the word "Policeman" with "ITK" and "murderer" with "transfer fact".

You see now why people are sceptical if the best you can do under questioning is "the evidence/situation is subject to change"

A ITK arrests a man for murder, puts him before the Court and tells the judge that it is a fact the man is a transfer fact.

When questioned by the defence, the ITK then says "well er..... He is the transfer fact unless the situation changes"

This is an horrific analogy. You should be ashamed

The difference is that a forum is for discussion. Discussion is healthy, it gets your mind going. That can't be pointless.

It is, however, pointless to repeatedly say something will NOT happen, if you are then going to say 'oh ok, iv it could happen if..'

Do you understand?

Remember when you respond to this, you've already used a few clever lines like "are you for real?" and "grow up", so make sure you pull out another zinger. How about "when is your bedtime?" or "my dads bigger than your dad"?

Lambert has been told today that he won't be able to sign the targets he had identified? I think that is quite interesting and will really influence our season!

Is that 100% guaranteed to continue to the position for the next 13 days? Probably but who knows? What are you finding so difficult to understand?

...and why are you having such a tantrum about it?

Consider this.... A Policeman arrests a man for murder, puts him before the Court and tells the judge that it is a fact the man is a murderer.

When questioned by the defence, the Policeman then says "well er..... He is the murderer unless the situation changes"

The Policeman's credibility is clearly an issue.

Now re read my post, but removing the word "Policeman" with "ITK" and "murderer" with "transfer fact".

You see now why people are sceptical if the best you can do under questioning is "the evidence/situation is subject to change"

Brilliant analogy

I can see that between you and Rob182 I'm dealing with a couple of interlectual heavyweights

What do find so hard to understand about the fact that RL might say that there is no money to spend today but might change his mind over the next 13 days?

Have you ever heard of a manager getting a vote of confidence from the board one day and being sacked the next - people change their minds as situations change

Brilliant analogy

I can see that between you and Rob182 I'm dealing with a couple of interlectual heavyweights

What do find so hard to understand about the fact that RL might say that there is no money to spend today but might change his mind over the next 13 days?

Have you ever heard of a manager getting a vote of confidence from the board one day and being sacked the next - people change their minds as situations change

The fact is though, you are claiming to be ITK, spouting off stuff everybody knows. We are all aware that Randy may decide not to spend, and then maybe he could have a change of heart and spend, or the other way around. If you made your statements with the intro of IMO, you would not be getting this stick. However, you are just inviting criticism by claiming you are so ITK.

Edited by LockStockVilla