January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

No I am not but Im guessing you some old condesedning old fart by your tone.

I knew they would be cup tied but if they cant play from them if they were signed to us.

Instead of putting people down all the time trying to look big perhaps like Daweii think about what is being suggested.

I guess your not up to out of the box thinking

Kind of ironic calling someone condesedning (sic) and then making a post like that, isn't it?

And if you're suggestion was serious, I don't know if there's a rule against it, but morally it stinks, and would make us incredibly hated I reckon.

Edited by Stevo985

Kind of ironic calling someone condesedning (sic) and then making a post like that, isn't it?

And if you're suggestion was serious, I don't know if there's a rule against it, but morally it stinks, and would make us incredibly hated I reckon.

Be handy for Arsenal away though! (joke)

Was tongue in cheek Shillzz to be honest.

But is there a rule to stop such a thing happening? Go and buy 3 or 4 of their players so they are not available for the second leg. For example is there anything stopping us buying their goalie who had a stormer of a game?

NIVillan, I was going to defend your post on account of it being tongue in cheek.

But, if you were being serious, then it was a pretty silly comment to make in fairness.

Yes Stevo it was meant to be.

Don't know if Alan Smith is Itk or anything but....

Alan Smith@SkyAlanSmith

Dont think #avfc fans have much to worry about,Paul Lambert is very confident,about Saturday,and rest of season.

As for #avfc signings,i can't reveal anything,but i would expect 1 or 2.

Think i'd be off Paul's Christmas card list if i revealed #avfc transfer targets.

Think January window you have to be patient to get best value.Paul know's what he is doing #avfc fans.

I think Bradford would just quote us silly prices. If we were stupid enough to pay up they would use the money to buy better players.

Not that I am suggesting we would ever consider the option.

We are currently naming a lot of good foreign players that could take time to settle in. Time is something we do not have.

Remember When under Gregory, Ugo got injured (eye socket I think) and our season started to fall apart. He went and bought Calderwood for cheap to shore up the defense and bring in some experience. Not a glamour signing and he was found hiding in Spurs reservers. But he did a job.

Isnt that what we need at the moment in addition to the new young up and coming players.

Alan Smith@SkyAlanSmith

Dont think #avfc fans have much to worry about,Paul Lambert is very confident,about Saturday,and rest of season.

Think i'd be off Paul's Christmas card list if i revealed #avfc transfer targets.

Think January window you have to be patient to get best value.Paul know's what he is doing #avfc fans.

With 23 followers im certain that this isnt the real Alan Smith. His real account 'Alan Smith 9smudge' has 23,000 followers and includes Geoff Shreeves, Gary Neville etc.

Edited by roonst83

Alan Smith@SkyAlanSmith

he's a villa fan isn't he?

So I guess it's possible he'd have some sort of info. Don't think he'd be on the wind up anyway.

With 23 followers im certain that this isnt the real Alan Smith. His real account 'Alan Smith 9smudge' has 23,000 followers and includes Geoff Shreeves, Gary Neville etc.

Are you thinking of the current player ALan Smith as opposed to the Sky COmmentator Alan Smith?

(not saying the Sky one is real, but I thought the younge rone playing for MK Dons was known as "Smudge")

We are currently naming a lot of good foreign players that could take time to settle in. Time is something we do not have.

Remember When under Gregory, Ugo got injured (eye socket I think) and our season started to fall apart. He went and bought Calderwood for cheap to shore up the defense and bring in some experience. Not a glamour signing and he was found hiding in Spurs reservers. But he did a job.

Isnt that what we need at the moment in addition to the new young up and coming players.

If we are not going to bring in quality, strong, big, young-ish players then we may as well use the deadwood that we already have in my opinion.

Thats the thing we dont have anyone who could fil that role. Dunne seems to be on the injury list until his contract runs out. Warnock and Hutton have been made not welcome.

Dunne would have been good.

If we are not going to bring in quality, strong, big, young-ish players then we may as well use the deadwood that we already have in my opinion.