January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Hello ..

So if Douglas 4 .. Mousa 4 .. Auba I think 6 could get him to our side .. Same thing was said with Vlaar .. then we got him with less money .. Coutinho was reported 10 Million Euro's .. so 8-9 Million pound ..

Therefore .. It's from 18-19 Million Pound .. Which is less than our budget in the summer .. also more little bit than the summer before that .. And it's less that what ae got Darren Bent for !

So who knows ?! 4 signings would turn our side upside down !!

Hello ..

So if Douglas 4 .. Mousa 4 .. Auba I think 6 could get him to our side .. Same thing was said with Vlaar .. then we got him with less money .. Coutinho was reported 10 Million Euro's .. so 8-9 Million pound ..

Therefore .. It's from 18-19 Million Pound .. Which is less than our budget in the summer .. also more little bit than the summer before that .. And it's less that what ae got Darren Bent for !

So who knows ?! 4 signings would turn our side upside down !!

I agree with those prices in principal, but it would be convincing the players to join our side. These are players that other teams will already know a lot about and will want as well, and most of them will be better placed than us. Coutinho is at Inter! i realise he may want to leave for more games but to go to an english relegation candidate just doesn't seem likely.

I would love it to happen, i just can't see it so i don't want to get my hopes up. There is also the chance that if you are buying a good young player from abroad then they will have to adjust to playing in a new league, learn the language as they wont be able to communicate with a lot of the players, and they will need time to adjust living in a new country away from home. We can't expect them to come in and hit the ground running is what i am saying.

I wouldn't mind Chris McCann in, i mentioned him along with a few others 4-5 weeks back, but i am not sure whether he would be that big a step up from what we currently have, although his age and experience may help the team more than his ability.

People forget Lerner is mates with Jurgan Klinsmann - it seems the German connection recommended Paul Lambert to RL

because they knew all about him,.

First thing Lambert did practically when he joined is bring in Henke - so what's the point of having him if we don't take advantage?

We already nabbed Benteke - Audi & Coutinho defo fit the bill ...so why not?

Ireland & Bent out & two quality young rising Euro stars looking to ply their talents in the Premier League. If one or two become superstars

we can sell them onto a top club..

Funnily enough someone said to me Lambert seems to want the old Villa Real model at Villa

Top notch academy - grassroots talent from lower leagues - Young hungry Euro stars dying to ply their talents on the Premier League stage regularly & then move them on for mega bucks as long as they have good characters & easy to work with -is a very good business model.

Let's just see what happens eh!

Edited by JulieB

we may convince Douglas and Auba. However Coutinho and Sissoko especially the latter.. will have plenty of bigger clubs after him.

The lack of reality in this thread is going to leave a lot of people very disappointed at the end of the month I suspect, some of the names being talked about are just silly.

yeah but were just talking mate. I dont think anyone really believes we are going to sign these players. Maybe one but not all.

The lack of reality in this thread is going to leave a lot of people very disappointed at the end of the month I suspect, some of the names being talked about are just silly.

What players have people been mentioning that seem that unreasonable? Countinho could very well come here if we manage to sell first. Hangeland is a viable option. Lescott seems far off but still possible if he is will to take a wage cut or we can make a deal with City for them to pay part of his wages. I haven't seen too many other real links to other players.

Fairly unlikely I'd say I think we might have to wait a while yet.

Sadly agree.

The situation with Coutinho is probably that we've enquired and that's it. We can cling to the slim chance that Milan will want to sell him, and that he will want to come here. Then there's the language thing. It's not like he can get our other Brazilian players to translate for him. If he does come, there'll probably be a clause whereby he can leave for a low-ish fee to a CL club if he sets the world on fire. Still high time we had an "inho" in the side.

Sadly agree.

The situation with Coutinho is probably that we've enquired and that's it. We can cling to the slim chance that Milan will want to sell him, and that he will want to come here. Then there's the language thing. It's not like he can get our other Brazilian players to translate for him. If he does come, there'll probably be a clause whereby he can leave for a low-ish fee to a CL club if he sets the world on fire. Still high time we had an "inho" in the side.

I thought the Italian media said we'd made a formal bid - which if true means he must be interested in coming so why bid?

All speculation & of course there maybe other dealings.. but it was the foreign journos who alerted us to Benteke not the WAG press over here

& besides they are told by Villa to keep their gobs shut.then they can break the story.

Ireland to Norwich? Ahahahaa, I cant see them paying 60k+ for any player but if he's going anywhere it's probably QPR, Fulham, Sunderland or MLS.

His contract hasn't got that long to run - his confidence is clearly shot & maybe a fresh start under a very decent manager might be the ticket

A big fish in a small pond might suit some egos as well.

If Villa maybe help out with wages a bit aka Liverpool did with Cole so we can have Johhny Howson for CM who Lambert knows inside out &

knows exactly what he'll get from him.

Makes sense to me? Who knows?

Edited by JulieB

Day 7 of the window and I'm seeing no firm links or signs of activity. To say im concerned would be an understatement.

Trouble is with you saying that is non of us saw the summer transfers coming until they were announced. Don't panic just yet.

Fairly unlikely I'd say I think we might have to wait a while yet.

Villa had a problem extracting Benteke - he threatened to take them to court IIRC cos they tried messing Villa about for more dosh.

It isn't the same for the Brazilian though - Inter Milan have made it know him & his team mate Sneijder are available - even to the point

of letting both of them go early for winter break to sort out deals

http://www.football-...o-‘leave’-inter

Edited by JulieB

We can forget about any big names signing in january for sure...

What kind of quality player wants to sign to a contract with a clause written into it with a potential 50% pay cut involved if we get relegated!

Saying that though it wouldnt suprise me if our astute chairman & CEO have forgot to implement it in the latest contracts!..

JuileB, in ref to your recent post I said this on page 127 last wednesday!..