January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

@SofaFootball has tweeted that we're in talks with Man City over taking striker John Guidetti on loan and also interested in Dinipro's Daniel Boateng.

I in no way endorse this person, but from reading his/her timeline it doesn't appear to be an obviously bullshit one - so i thought i'd post it to spice up the debate (plus we don't appear to have a 'bollocks from twitter' thread this time around.

All of these twitter accounts are bollocks. How can one person have so much info on so many teams? They spout enough shit and delete tweets that they got wrong.

Edited by Daniel

Weren't we very strongly linked with Wanyama under Houllier just before he moved to Celtic? Would still love to have seen our squad under him after a few years, dont want to start a debate but he'd have made a stellar Director of Football with the right manager under him. Or even just head scout. Wanyama, Fofana, Romeu, Cabaye... clearly knew where our deficiencies were.

I'd love Mulumbu from West Brom. But they'd never sell him to us and I actually couldn't see him coming to us, not right now.

Priority surely needs to be a commanding and organised centre half, especially if Vlaar is going to pick up these constant injuries.

It would need to be someone with Premiership experience I feel though, which limits it considerably. Hangeland, Shawcross, Huth - wouldn't come here.. Lescott would be a decent choice IMO, otherwise I wouldn't moan too much at someone like Turner from Norwich. He may not be that good, but he's been around a bit and could teach a bit of structure and discipline to our defence. Gareth McAuley is another I wouldn't mind.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

The 'Danish International' that Astvil123 was on about on twitter is actually Dutch non-international Kelvin Leerdam. So that link appears to have legs as it's coming from a few sources now.

Well if he is to be believed, then that Villa_Source seems to real thing.....However, ASTVIL could be taking his info as his own anyway. Who knows.

He's 5'10. Which isn't huge but it isn't particularly small. Most pictures of him he doesn't look particularly strong though I must say. Looks can be deceiving though? I'm not expecting a Papa Bouba Diop, but someone who isn't going to ge brushed aside by Jack Wilshere and David Silva would be nice.

Has Guidetti played any football for man city this season?

Can't see what he can offer on loan for the second half of the season.

decent amount of goals for Feyenoord and also played with Vlaar and KEA before.

Can't help but feel we've saved money by simply getting rid of our scouts and just asking KEA and Vlaar who they know who's quite good..

Or maybe we accidentally just sent all our scouts to Rotterdam.

I can't see us being in for Guidetti. Benteke and Wiemann have been decent for us this season, it's the spine of the team where our problems lie.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Can't help but feel we've saved money by simply getting rid of our scouts and just asking KEA and Vlaar who they know who's quite good..

Or maybe we accidentally just sent all our scouts to Rotterdam.

I can't see us being in for Guidetti. Benteke and Wiemann have been decent for us this season, it's the spine of the team where our problems lie.

Tekkers and Weimann have been good, but we still remain the premier league team with the lowest goal tally :o

Guidetti and Weimann seem like pretty similar players in what they can do and bring to the table. Both share about the same experience also. Don't think strikers should be a priority unless Darren Bent goes, as we got 3 decent ones and 1 that doesn't score many anymore. Would take that Pierre Emmerick Aubamayang player though, seems fast and versatile so can play as a winger just as well.