January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Just the 2 more for Sharp today. Has a work ethic that would fit Lamberts style.

Giving him a grand total of about 8 this season.

If he hadn't just scored in a game you were watching I doubt very much you would have mention his name in this thread. It is just reactionary rubbish.

How many times have you actually seen Sharp play?

Actually don't bother answering I'm not even debating this with you, we won't be in for Sharp especially as he has already played for two sides this season and can't play for a 3rd :)

Lambert is a young ambitious manager who does have great pedigree as a player and his philosphy to play the right way is a good one but he has tried to run before he can walk. Replacing the nucleus and spine of a team with unproven kids simply will not work at this level, especially with ones like Bannan, Delph, Herd, Clark that for me simply are not good enough to be starting every week. He needed to buy atleast two more proven and experienced players in the summer to give us more balance and knowledge in key areas. Im all for giving kids a chance but they have to be blended in not all thrown in together as naivety meets rash in a very unpleasant manner,

January is now the most important month in Lamberts managerial career as if he gets it wrong we could be in a world of shit come may!.

and i got slated saying tom huddlestone would be a good player for us.. i got slated for saying charlie adam would be a good for us.. delph will never be able to hold a good game in the prem,hurd is a disaster,bennet adds to that too,kea is not prem quality.. HOWEVER ITS DEC 26 & THE POWERS TO BE CAN GET THE PLAYERS IN NEXT WEEK..OVER TO YOU RANDY

i agree with haito

on refletion, those kids he mentions (except delph) are not starters, not all at the same time anyway, squad players at most

as for delph, he shouldnt start, he shouldnt be on the bench, he shouldnt be in the squad, he shouldnt be in the reserves, he shouldnt be anywhere near the club, not even good enough to sell match programmes or sweep the streets outside the stadium

Not sure where Lambert goes from here.. what type of players does he look to get in? still youngsters? still from lower leagues? what positions?

Also who does he get rid of because of the squad limit rules.. who will buy these players? will these players kick up a fuss and refuse to leave?

Then the question to the owner is.. how much will he give to spend?

Lambert is a young ambitious manager who does have great pedigree as a player and his philosphy to play the right way is a good one but he has tried to run before he can walk. Replacing the nucleus and spine of a team with unproven kids simply will not work at this level, especially with ones like Bannan, Delph, Herd, Clark that for me simply are not good enough to be starting every week. He needed to buy atleast two more proven and experienced players in the summer to give us more balance and knowledge in key areas. Im all for giving kids a chance but they have to be blended in not all thrown in together as naivety meets rash in a very unpleasant manner,

January is now the most important month in Lamberts managerial career as if he gets it wrong we could be in a world of shit come may!.

fair, balanced, correct

WE cant afford to be taking yet more risks on young players from the lower leagues. They may in the end prove to be good enough but not at the expense of our premiership status. They need time and nurturing.Time we have not got. If we were sitting 8-12th then yes back his judgement but we are 16th and inching closer to the bottom three with an awful goal difference. I for one would not be wanting to be backing yet more unproven kids to get us out of a relegation scrap. Its very unfair on them as the pressure would be almost unbearable,

Edited by Haito

in my opinion, the squad is broke down into 3 groups, which will follow, now i appreciate our veiws will vary, but this is mine, after all, it is my post :-)

i hink the following is slightly important t understand the strength of the team and to see our weaknesses, well we already know that...

All good enough to start ~

Bent

Benteke

Gabby

Weimann

Ireland

Westwood

Vlaar

Lowton

Guzan

Given

Average - squad players ~

Bowery

Holman

NZogbia

Gardner

Bannan

Herd

Albrighton

Clark

Baker

Stevens

Lichaj

Hutton

Dunne

Sub-standard - if sold wouldnt be missed ~

Delfouneso

Delph

El Ahmadi

Bennett

Warnock

as you can see, we have many average players

im interested to see your lists...

Sell: Lichaj, Herd, Bent, NZogbia, Albrighton, Ireland, Dunne, Warnock, Hutton

Buy: Martin Olssen, Alderweireld or Douglas, Dale Stephens, William Kvist, Aaron Hunt, Finbogason, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (PEA), Benjamin Corgnet

------------Guzan

Lowton-Vlaar-Douglas-Olsson

-------------Kvist----------------

---Westwood-Corgnet---------

-----PEA-----------Hunt--------

-----------Benteke--------------

Bench: Given, Bennett, Clark/Baker, Stephens, Bannan, Gabby, Finnbogason.

Easy. Just the £30m please Randy. Thankyou.

For young German's surely CL-winning-with-Dortmund Lambert and having Henke at the club (former assistant manager of Bayern and Dortmund) must have some pull and certainly can't hurt us. And really should be some pull for all players. Newcastle managed to get Ba, Cisse, Tiote, Cabaye in arguably a worse position than us..