General England thread

kurtsimonw

England team at the moment is a bunch of average to decent players managed by an even more average manager.

I hold out little hope for them, even if we do qualify for the WC.

Surely a 5-1-4 with Wilshere as the 1 is enough to beat any team in the world.

:P

I'm struggling to think who the 4 are though Bri.

Shrek

Wellby

Sturridge

Theo

?

Quite saddened Gab didn't get into the squad given the lack of strength there and the fact he's had a very good start to the season.

I think we should just play 4-2-4.

Stick Crouch, Carroll, Lambert and Gabby upfront and just sit back and hoof it to them all game, and play for set-pieces. 

Would be terrible to watch. But I bet we'd get further doing that than trying to play football.

Gabby and Theo on the flanks scaring the bejayzus out of fullbacks. Rooney up on his own. Wilshere, Gerrard & Lamplard in the centre. So a similar system to our one at Villa. Granted, Rooney isn't anything like Benteke but he's good enough to make it work in his own way. I include Gabby because if England use him the way we do then he'll do well and there's no substitute for pace.

You guys are too harsh. Having Adrian Chiles tell me which of the England team are "unplayable" before they nervously clump it down the flanks against a team from a country ranked behind Antigua and Malawi is a staple of my weekend.

• Like 1

Gabby and Theo on the flanks scaring the bejayzus out of fullbacks. Rooney up on his own. Wilshere, Gerrard & Lamplard in the centre. So a similar system to our one at Villa. Granted, Rooney isn't anything like Benteke but he's good enough to make it work in his own way. I include Gabby because if England use him the way we do then he'll do well and there's no substitute for pace.

exactly, roy doesn't seem to understand the concept of balance to his team, gabby and theo both running at fullbacks would be great, instead we'll have theo one side running and then either rmilner tottering about or welbeck here there and **** everywhere, throw in rooney and you get theo running past people with then no one in the middle to pass to (not that he can cross anyway)

think would replace Lampard for Carrick or to be bold Britton he is sort of player suited to european game

If we were not so shit at taking penalties the entire event yesterday would not have been needed.

If they want the national side to go further in tournaments then they need to field players who are able to kick a ball into the corner of a goal from 12 yeards. Easy.

• Like 1

If we were not so shit at taking penalties the entire event yesterday would not have been needed.

If they want the national side to go further in tournaments then they need to field players who are able to kick a ball into the corner of a goal from 12 yeards. Easy.

They need to get a good shrink in.

We may have a USA 94 scenario on our hands. England not at the world cup in Brazil would be unbearable.

overreaction. best international tournament in last 10 years was Euro 2008 and no home nations were there either 

Â