General England thread

kurtsimonw

Jay Rodriguez in the England squad.  :lol:

He has been very good for the Saints. We shouldn't laugh at this kind of inclusion because it's the kind that should happen more often, namely getting in on form and merit. It's just a pity Delph didn't get in off the same reasoning.

Neither did Agbonlahor,not this time but the last few squads, saying that he is always a good option to have in your team. Surely there are better players than Rodriguez? It's not even a normal squad, 28 players (I believe) and no room for Delph.

On a side note, what does the general football supporting public have against Milner?

that said IMO this is shit or bust now for the WC, unless someone hits incredible form between now and the march friendlies I cant see anyone getting a 1st cap, so why is a not fully fit wilshere in there? could complain its not adventurous enough but it does have 9 players with under 5 caps (2 GKs)

On a side note, what does the general football supporting public have against Milner?

for me, milner playing suggests straight away that woy is going for a draw

Rodriguez has done a lot more than gabby in fairness even in back end of last season. Its funny people moan when he doesnt pick villa players as we are allegedly an unfashionable club then he calls up Southamption players and its a bit of a joke :D

Rodriguez has done a lot more than gabby in fairness even in back end of last season. Its funny people moan when he doesnt pick villa players as we are allegedly an unfashionable club then he calls up Southamption players and its a bit of a joke :D

I think I just dislike Rodriguez due to last years home game vs. Southampton.

• Like 1

I think I just dislike Rodriguez due to last years home game vs. Southampton.

Cheating shit.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9702439/jay_rodriguez_dive_vs_aston_villa/

I'd expect Delph will get a chance when he finally manages to find the net on a regular basis. Woy needs goalscoring midfielders to take the pressure off the one up front he likes to play, and Delph has hardly scored in a Villa shirt.

As for the rest of the selection, meh. Southampton's players are there on merit but their season will fizzle out once they start picking up injuries to key players, as they have seriously ridden their luck on that front so far.

Also, Woy just loves his favourites, if they play for a team in red or based in London even better in his eyes.

Jay Rodriguez in the England squad. :lol:

He has been very good for the Saints. We shouldn't laugh at this kind of inclusion because it's the kind that should happen more often, namely getting in on form and merit. It's just a pity Delph didn't get in off the same reasoning.

Milner played the best football of his career to date in those 2 years he played centre mid for us, he then goes to be a utility player (read bench or right wing) at man city. So he gets put in at right wing for England because the general perception of him is he is a grafter rather than a ball player, and won't get in centre positions because of lampard, Gerrard, Carrick and even Henderson.

Loved Milner, but his play has gone tits up since he walked on us

• Like 1

People complain the same players get called up, Roy calls up a young striker who's played very well of late and gets criticised for that too. There is no winning as England manager.

I think the problem here is the hypocrisy. Whenever a young English Premier League player starts performing well he's normally called up pretty quickly, yet when it's a Villa player he's simply ignored. I don't think Gabby should've been called up now but he definitely should've at the end of last season and at the beginning of this season. Likewise, Delph should really be called up ahead of the likes of Cleverley. Even Man United fans I know agree with me on this. I genuinely believe Hodgson just ignores Villa completely.

Edited by Mantis

People complain the same players get called up, Roy calls up a young striker who's played very well of late and gets criticised for that too. There is no winning as England manager.

spot on. no VIlla players really deserve to be in the squad at the moment. When Villa were as high as Southampton we had 5 players in squad at one point and that was fair enough.

as much as I like Delph his lack of end product and stupid yellow cards will cost him getting a call up

We need to churn out some England quality players soon.  I don't want anybody catching our 'most players supplied to England' record.  Does anybody know if that is under threat?

I think you can forget about us getting any players called up to the England squad while Hodgson is in charge, regardless of form.

We need to churn out some England quality players soon.  I don't want anybody catching our 'most players supplied to England' record.  Does anybody know if that is under threat?

I think you can forget about us getting any players called up to the England squad while Hodgson is in charge, regardless of form.

During his reign the only player that has deserved a call up was Gabby over the summer.  Gabby had scored more goals over the last 6 games of the season than all 4 strikers he picked combined.  Aside from this though, I don't really think he's done us a disservice. 

yeah its just paranoia we are a team finishing bottom 5 the last few seasons, if we moved up the table im sure players be in consideration, was people on here calling for Lowton to get a call up a few months back and I think Roy was right not to call him up.

Am sure he had Bent in one of his squads before

Edited by Zatman

Â