Art / Modern Art 'Appreciation'

chrisp65

I've just re-watched the last half an hour (when I remembered the painting being shown) for clues, and the painting didn't even feature this time. I think my favourite painting might actually exist only as a false memory and therefore is one of my own creations.

• Like 2

I watced an art documentary on the BBC iplayer , that was Jo Brand walking around a Grayson Perry exhibition, looking at different pieces and then looking into the camera (the one filming her) and giving her take on it. 

I'm not sure what to make of Perry's art, indeed it's pleasant to look at but I'm not sure I'm fully on board, but then again I haven't seen it in real life.

I do like the ceramics of Grayson Perry very much. I don't know too much back story and I can't say I've studied the work or its meaning in any great detail. But at a superficial knowing what I like level, his ceramics are right up my alley.

I've had a tiny dabble in ceramics and it's very much on my 'to do' list once work, credit card bills and kids aren't priorities 1 to 10.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Article on Grayson Perry in today's Guardian. 

I got a copy of today's Guardian - but it went straight in the paper pile for lining pets' cages and hutches, unopened and unread. I'll go and dig it out.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Â