Over the Moon. . . chester

Archie

If I should express my mood with an idiomatic expression, I'd say that I'm over the Moon. . . chester.

After various years of poor football and bitter disappointments, now we have a little series of five games in which:

- we have won three, lost one and drew one, wheras we were accustomed to winning one game out of ten, more or less;

- we have scored 11, more than two for match, whereas our attack was one of the most sterile of the whole Country;

- we try and win the games, home and away, starting to build the play from the back, whereas we were used to play defensive tactics with the only aim to draw 0-0 (and defenders limited to bell the ball clear like 40 years ago).

With Paul Lambert all changed.

I love our manager, I would have liked him at Villa since he was at Norwich, and I think that in sole three months he has just done a fantastic job, a sort of copernican revolution of our style of play and approach to the game, even if we must have patience as Rome wasn't built in one day (Brian Clough would say: I wasn't called for that job). . .

I feeling optimistic about the future too. Not expecting big things to happen quickly, but more importantly I'm enjoying following Villa and absolutely desperate to see the games. Indifference (self-induced to be able to stomach it, I think) has been replaced with love. The previous managers left a bitter cloud of negativity over Villa Park, with the players not believing in themselves and the fans utterly frustrated with the way games were approached.

We have an inexperienced side, but they show determination and enthusiasm which is such a delight to see. When we have a good game we will be very hard to beat, and as the mistakes are weeded out we will see less of games such as those against Everton and Southampton.

I was usually quite positive about things most of the time, but last season just changed me. Made me fear Villa and made me feel negative about things. Lambert is slowing helping me recover from that and I owe apologies for my negativity.

This season was always going to belikethis. Young players and a comparitively young manager. They will all take time to adjust especially our longer serving players to new methods as there has been no stability for a couple of seasons.

I hope that once it all settles we will all be more positive - just a pain that we all fall into the doom and gloom then euphoria instead of taking a deep breath of reality.

We have a plan that seems to me that will work so fingers etc all crossed

I was usually quite positive about things most of the time, but last season just changed me. Made me fear Villa and made me feel negative about things. Lambert is slowing helping me recover from that and I owe apologies for my negativity.

I would also like to mirror this statement as i too have strayed into negativity on occasion... I think the sheer number of false dawns we have had to endure since those European cup winning days have taken their toll :lol:

For the 1st time since those days i think we are finally, at the start of, the right road.

I am

feeling optimistic (Even after the Saints game, strangely)

ssssshhhh!!!!

When you

space it like that.

I can't help reading it in

the voice of William Shatner.

Agreed! I think we would all prefer the exciting rollercoaster with dreamy highs and scarey lows then the inevitable constant slow descent under McCleish. The key is to not eat too many Puka Pies before jumping on.

Last year I watched one of the Villa vs. Man C games with some non-football friends. I spent the entire game explaining how it could be exciting, that both teams usually attack and try to win, that we used to be exciting to watch.

I think the team is inconsistent but with alot of room to grow. For me that's exciting. We might hammer a team or they might hammer us but we are going to attack and play to win and that makes the losses much easier.

I was traveling all day Tuesday, and couldn't catch any of the game, but when I saw the final score online, my jaw dropped. This is what we've been missing, the feeling that on our day, we can beat anyone.

It's been a wild ride, and it's not even October. I'm absolutely loving this.

I simply love being competitive.

How many games last season we went with the attitude of what we have we hold from the start.

Lambert speech before City game.....let's stick it up them.

I think Stan Petrov wouldve loved to play under this coach. Let pray he might.

I was traveling all day Tuesday, and couldn't catch any of the game, but when I saw the final score online, my jaw dropped. This is what we've been missing, the feeling that on our day, we can beat anyone.

It's been a wild ride, and it's not even October. I'm absolutely loving this.

Well okay... I really do get what you are saying, and things really are better this season than the previous two... But in terms of 'we can beat anybody on our day,' to be fair, he who should be shot rather than named took a side to Stamford Bridge and beat the cockney upstarts... Totally unexpected.

Then of course, we FAILED to build on that, falling down to earth at home against Real Swansea... The rest is history.

We've always been able to beat anyone on our day - it just all too rarely seemed to be our day under the previous manager and the one before that...

Â