John Terry retires from international football

andykeenan

Makes you think doesn't it.. how many potential criminals have avoided jail simply because of lawyers who know how to exploit the justice system effectively. And I thought those tax-fiddling accountants were the scum of the earth :D

court of law : Terry is cleared at Westminster Magistrates' Court of making a racist insult to Ferdinand

FA Panel : Banned for four matches and given a £220,000 fine for using insulting words which included a reference to Anton Ferdinand's colour or race

one of them has to be wrong ..one suspect the FA are knee jerking to the Suraez incident

Channel 4 News"]

Remember that, unlike Westminster magistrates court who found reasonable doubt in his favour, the FA panel's verdict was based only on the balance of probabilities.

court of law : Terry is cleared at Westminster Magistrates' Court of making a racist insult to Ferdinand

FA Panel : Banned for four matches and given a £220,000 fine for using insulting words which included a reference to Anton Ferdinand's colour or race

one of them has to be wrong ..one suspect the FA are knee jerking to the Suraez incident

Channel 4 News"]

Remember that, unlike Westminster magistrates court who found reasonable doubt in his favour, the FA panel's verdict was based only on the balance of probabilities.

Not only that, what Terry did may not be a criminal offence but could still be against FA rules.

Alan Brazil said something this morning, he said that Ashley Cole backed JT to the hilt and now some of the Man Utd players are talking about not shaking his (AC) hand. Not heard that one before. I'm sure they would shake his hand but is it really upsetting players at other clubs?

terry might be alot of things, but a racist? hard to believe,

being a racist and a footballer dont really go hand in hand

especially at the time when rio was mates and england partner with terry

in some cases, its more about the race card than racism

fa have now destroyed the chance for a top footballer to finish his career on a high

so with the view that the crime was

or using insulting words which included a reference to Anton Ferdinand's colour or race

the other question should be , where is Rio Ferdinands 4 match ban for his public insult of Cole

The FA just fined Rio £45,000 so it would suggest he was guilty of the same breach of their rules as Terry ?

Ferdinand didnt commit his crime on the pitch though. John Terry's entire defence seems based on the fact that a judge found him innocent of racially abusing Ferdiand means he cannot have broken FA rules which is patently untrue. The FA have tried to make it very clear (despite a lot of peoples best attempts not to listen) that they will not tolerate this kind of behaviour on the pitch, hence the verdict.

but that the FA still felt able to fine Ferdinand suggest their powers extend beyond the pitch ?

I understand what the FA are trying to do ... but "IF" Terry was repeating back to Ferdinand there really isn't a case to answer .... if Terry straight out called Ferdinand a " so and so " then he is as guilty as Suraz and should have got the same ban or more .. If he said to Ferdinand " you , what ? are you accusing me of calling you a so and so ?" then case close and nothing to answer for

Now the court of law couldn't determine which one of the 2 scenarios applied and I guess the only person that knows the real answer is John Terry ... The FA appear to have just hedged their bets by going in the middle ..not quite innocent , not quite a Suarez

Â