John Terry retires from international football

andykeenan

After the Evra/Suarez affair, there was no way the FA weren't going to do their own investigation into this. Even after the not guilty verdict, plenty of high profile anti-racism groups were pressuring them into such an investigation. Unlike in the court, Terry was cleared because his defence proved a case of reasonable doubt into the context of the racial abuse, despite all parties accepting Terry had said such a statement. However, FA tribunals work on “balance of probabilities” meaning a guilty charge is far more likely. This isn't a conspiracy against John Terry, the FA sought advice from an external Independent QC and considered the Magistrates' Court's evidence. If he's found guilty tomorrow, the writing is really on the wall for him.

Yeah getting rid of our best CB can only be good.

As an outsider looking in I honestly think there are much better CBs than Terry at the moment. He has been on the decline for a few seasons now and I just view him as a liability.

He had a good Euros, but John Terry has been a player in decline for some time now. The circus which constantly surrounds him is disruptive at times and lets face it, this isnt John Lennon leaving the Beatles is it? It's a bloke who has had a good, if unspectacular international career retiring in his early thirties (he is almost 32) to try and get another couple of years at the top at club level. It happens, and I think Lescott & Cahill will do as the first choice partnership in the short to medium term.

Terry should never have played for England again after nailing Wayne Bridge's missus. How can he be considered a team player after doing that to a team mate? Remember, this ended Bridge's international career. To give the guy the captaincy after that starts to demonstrate just how little the manager cared for team relationships.

Â