Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

Hilarious.

However, later, when pressed I'll interject with the contradiction 'it's great, well done, x player might make it' before reverting to type with...

You should try and read more it may help you.

Anyway I'm sure we'll all hear chants about this win at the next game. Let the stoke fans know what a huge achievement it is.

Right a few questions. Is Tony McAndrew connected to the club? Do you reckon he was happy with the win? Do you reckon Jack Grealish and Callum Robinson are happy they won it? Are the U19 team that won connected to the club? I'm genuinely intrigued to hear your answers. Seeing as you're devaluing the achievements of them so much, they can't be connected to the club you supposedly support, no?

Hilarious.

However, later, when pressed I'll interject with the contradiction 'it's great, well done, x player might make it' before reverting to type with...

You should try and read more it may help you.

Anyway I'm sure we'll all hear chants about this win at the next game. Let the stoke fans know what a huge achievement it is.

Right a few questions. Is Tony McAndrew connected to the club? Do you reckon he was happy with the win? Do you reckon Jack Grealish and Callum Robinson are happy they won it? Are the U19 team that won connected to the club? I'm genuinely intrigued to hear your answers. Seeing as you're devaluing the achievements of them so much, they can't be connected to the club you supposedly support, no?

Devalue it? I've clearly said its a great achievement for them. Just like if the U11's won something I'd say it was a great achievement for them.

As for your other questions the answer is yes, they're all very happy. What's your point? Is their happiness somehow linked to how the first team will perform?

Is it negative to suggest that most youth team players won't go on to be top premiership players? I think facts would suggest that this is quite a realistic view to have.

My only other view is that this victory doesn't really mean much. I don't think youth football really does. Like I said are you checking for U11 results? Do you follow the women's team (if we have one) do you celebrate every youth team victory like a first team victory? Again not sure that's negative to suggest that youth team football doesn't really mean much.

You and a few others have decided its negative. I don't agree.

If that isn't devaluing it, I don't know what is?

You seem intent on reminding everyone how irrelevant it is because most of them probably won't make it.

Not really.

I've repeated it because of the responses towards myself that I disagree with. So that's rubbish.

Do you hang around churches and remind everyone at christenings that the kid will probably earn average wage and not make much of himself?

Or do you go to the grand openings of new businesses and remind them that 9 out of 10 start ups go bust?

You're quite within your rights to do any or all of those things. Doesn't stop you sounding like a dick when you do it though.

Thanks for the personal insult.

People were saying how great this is for the future of the club. I didn't agree that it meant that much and shared my opinion on it. Thought that was what this site was for.

Is it negative to suggest that most youth team players won't go on to be top premiership players? I think facts would suggest that this is quite a realistic view to have.My only other view is that this victory doesn't really mean much. I don't think youth football really does. Like I said are you checking for U11 results? Do you follow the women's team (if we have one) do you celebrate every youth team victory like a first team victory? Again not sure that's negative to suggest that youth team football doesn't really mean much.

So if the U11 team win a game are you up and about celebrating?

It's youth team football. I assume as it means so much to you you often go to watch them play and know all about all the players at different ages.

So you don't think having a successful academy is worth much to the future of the first team? Isn't that the point of an academy? Do you just want the club to consist of a first team? No infrastructure? No youth teams? Because that's all that matters in your eyes, right?

Is it negative to suggest that most youth team players won't go on to be top premiership players? I think facts would suggest that this is quite a realistic view to have.My only other view is that this victory doesn't really mean much. I don't think youth football really does. Like I said are you checking for U11 results? Do you follow the women's team (if we have one) do you celebrate every youth team victory like a first team victory? Again not sure that's negative to suggest that youth team football doesn't really mean much.

It's youth team football. I assume as it means so much to you you often go to watch them play and know all about all the players at different ages.

I thought you weren't devaluing it though? And that is a **** ridiculous comparison. At U19 level they could  be playing for the first team (and in fact a few of the team that won HAVE played for the first team). So we have current first team players winning a tournament against other first team players at other clubs. Stop being so **** disrespectful.

Do you hang around churches and remind everyone at christenings that the kid will probably earn average wage and not make much of himself?

Or do you go to the grand openings of new businesses and remind them that 9 out of 10 start ups go bust?

You're quite within your rights to do any or all of those things. Doesn't stop you sounding like a dick when you do it though.

Thanks for the personal insult.

Wait... so you DO hang around at Christenings or grand openings and dampen everyone's spirits?

So you don't think having a successful academy is worth much to the future of the first team? Isn't that the point of an academy? Do you just want the club to consist of a first team? No infrastructure? No youth teams? Because that's all that matters in your eyes, right?

No have I suggested that? (Try to read)

A youth team is very important. And like I said (try to read) when these youth team players start playing for the senior team and start to impress me i'm sure i'll be very excited about them. Weimman is an example of that. While scoring goals at youth level it didn't mean anything to me, however once he started playing I got excited about him and he's fast becoming one of my favourite players.

But like I said it means nothing at youth level. Bannan and albrighton were both fantastic for the youth team and now neither of them should be anywhere near the first team. What they did at youth level meant **** all.

Luke Moore was more promising as a youngster than most young kids in the country. He won the f.a youth cup and made some good early appearances in the first team. Ultimately it meant **** all.

I thought you weren't devaluing it though? And that is a **** ridiculous comparison. At U19 level they could  be playing for the first team (and in fact a few of the team that won HAVE played for the first team). So we have current first team players winning a tournament against other first team players at other clubs. Stop being so **** disrespectful.

Wow.

Have you seen some of the threads on Lerner, lambert, Faulkner and bannan?

And you think me saying its a great achievement for them but doesn't mean much is so disrespectful you have to tell me? That's funny.

A youth team is very important. And like I said (try to read) when these youth team players start playing for the senior team and start to impress me i'm sure i'll be very excited about them. Weimman is an example of that. While scoring goals at youth level it didn't mean anything to me, however once he started playing I got excited about him and he's fast becoming one of my favourite players.

But like I said it means nothing at youth level. Bannan and albrighton were both fantastic for the youth team and now neither of them should be anywhere near the first team. What they did at youth level meant **** all.

Luke Moore was more promising as a youngster than most young kids in the country. He won the f.a youth cup and made some good early appearances in the first team. Ultimately it meant **** all.

This isn't just 'youth level' though. it's a European tournament with some of the best academies in Europe. With players that have played in the first team and are highly thought of within their setup. In relation to this, no I don't 'get excited when the U11's win a game' and it is a **** ridiculous and disrespectful comparison because 1) U11's miles off the first team 2) the lads didn't just 'win a game', they won an entire **** tournament and 3) These U19's have ALREADY PLAYED FOR THE FIRST TEAM

In addition to what Steve said, I've thought of some more comparisons.

You go to a friends wedding who are really happy and say, 'fair play, but you shouldn't be happy because 50% of marriages end in divorce'. Correct, but not what you'd say to somebody.

You go to a military passing out ceremony for front line infantry and say, 'fair play, but you shouldn't be happy because there's a probability you're going to be shot'. Again, correct but not what you'd say. Nobody is disputing what you're saying is correct, with regards to most of these lads not making it here. It's just the staunch disrespectful, devaluation of what is a great achievement that has got so many people riled up. In addition, can you not see what maybe you're being a bit of a dick when this many people are taking the time to respond to you?

Edited by StefanAVFC

Jesus, why can't you just be happy they won it and move on :P 

Also diverging from this;

You would like to think these players will stick around at Villa, because thats the place they got their chance. You would like to think some of them want to build something here at Villa. In reality though, its unlikely. Having a look on twitter at these Next Gen players profiles. Those that are playing for their Country usually have their whole profile pictures with them in their International shirt or w/e. You sense those are the players that will move when another club (top 4) comes in for them.

But then you look at those like Grealish who has his whole profile based around Villa, all the pictures are him in his Villa strip. You sense he is the one that will stick around when the big boys come calling. I might be reading way to much into their twitter profiles but its just a thought that crossed my mind. 

why can't you just be happy they won it and move on

I've clearly said (try reading) that I'm happy they won it and think its a great achievement for them.

I've then continued to respond to people who post towards me. Would you like to tell them to move on?

Don't understand why Luke Moore is such the paragon of a terrible ex-Villa academy player in the opinion of BJ10.

Swansea are a great side at the moment, and he has a CC winners medal.

Luke Moore is Exhibit A in favour of the academy.

Yet his success means nothing.

This isn't just 'youth level' though. it's a European tournament with some of the best academies in Europe. With players that have played in the first team and are highly thought of within their setup. In relation to this, no I don't 'get excited when the U11's win a game' and it is a **** ridiculous and disrespectful comparison because 1) U11's miles off the first team 2) the lads didn't just 'win a game', they won an entire **** tournament and 3) These U19's have ALREADY PLAYED FOR THE FIRST TEAM

In addition to what Steve said, I've thought of some more comparisons.

You go to a friends wedding who are really happy and say, 'fair play, but you shouldn't be happy because 50% of marriages end in divorce'. Correct, but not what you'd say to somebody.

You go to a military passing out ceremony for front line infantry and say, 'fair play, but you shouldn't be happy because there's a probability you're going to be shot'. Again, correct but not what you'd say. Nobody is disputing what you're saying is correct, with regards to most of these lads not making it here. It's just the staunch disrespectful, devaluation of what is a great achievement that has got so many people riled up. In addition, can you not see what maybe you're being a bit of a dick when this many people are taking the time to respond to you?

So I'm '**** disrespectful' because I compared an U11 game to a U19 game but you compare me saying youth team football means nothing to the above scenarios?

Wow.

Don't understand why Luke Moore is such the paragon of a terrible ex-Villa academy player in the opinion of BJ10.

Swansea are a great side at the moment, and he has a CC winners medal.

Luke Moore is Exhibit A in favour of the academy.

Yet his success means nothing.

Is our youth academy not meant to help us?

Developing Luke Moore added a some money into the club granted but he failed big time as a villa player.

My point with Luke was that for all of his achievements at youth level ultimately it meant **** all when it came to him playing and performing for the first team.

Well it doesn't mean anything to BJ 10 because although he acknowledges their importance he couldn't care less about the youth tournaments. Fair enough that's his opinion leave him be. I think he's blinkered by his hatred for the current regime and can't bring himself to say congratulations, job well done all round, players, coaches and staff. The rest of us can, and will celebrate the excellent set up we have, acknowledge the achievement as being good and generally positive for Villa, and look forward to hopefully seeing one or two stars come through.

Â