Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

But I thought it didn't matter because it only matters once these players make first team appearances?

No (try reading)

I said it matters what they do when they play for the first team. Nothing about making an appearance for the first team and then playing at youth level. You're making up your own arguments now.

That is absolute bollocks. I'm done.

You could have saved yourself a lot of stress (try reading)

Funny how nearly everybody has jumped on you and called them negative though eh???

By everybody do you mean around 5 people?

you can't bring yourself to say anything positive about the current regime.

Christian Benteke is one of the best signings this club has ever made.

Boom!!

can't bring himself to say congratulations, job well done all round, players, coaches and staff

Congratulations, Job well done all round, players, coaches and staff.

I thought saying I'm happy they won and its a great achievement kind of covered that though.

&gt

;

>and look forward to hopefully seeing one or two stars come through.

>ockquote>

Hopefully they will. Would be great to have a few more weimman's break into the team.

lockquote> Too little too late. You've been too negative, quite a lot of people think so. But I suppose it's me everybody else who has simply misunderstood you....blah blah blah. 

Too little too late? Haha.

I think you'll find (try reading) that I said it was a good achievement for them pretty early on.

Funny how nearly everybody has jumped on you and called them negative though eh??? I suppose we just don't read your post properly, and we're all in the wrong. Come on, I think I've nailed it, you can't bring yourself to say anything positive about the current regime. 

A good example too

You honestly believe that saying youth football means nothing on an Internet forum is anyway close to attending numerous wedding ceremonies and telling happily married couples that they'll probably be divorced?

Wow

Time to stop now, eh. 

Please don't say that. The amount of laughs ive had at work today. Jheez.

It's keeping me entertained.

THAT ISN'T WHAT WE'RE SAYING.

We're talking about your timing of coming in and saying 'fair play but most of them won't make it' straight after the win which is comparable to going up to a newly married couple and telling them it probably won't work out. Both are statistically true facts but you wouldn't just go otu and say them. You'd have a sense of decency and timing and tact. Which obviously you lack.

And you KEEP focussing on this point (about the comparison) when it's irrelevant to your point which makes me think you have no argument at all.

• Like 1

You'd have a sense of decency and timing and tact. Which obviously you lack.

Haha I posted an opinion on an Internet message board.

Have you read threads on lambert, Lerner, Faulkner and bannan? You may have to start having a go at more than just me if what I posted upset you that much.

straight after the win

Well that's when the discussion was taking place. I'm not sure if a time restriction has been put in place for when its acceptable to share your opinion on something. Edited by Big_John_10

You'd have a sense of decency and timing and tact. Which obviously you lack.

Haha I posted an opinion on an Internet message board.

Have you read threads on lambert, Lerner, Faulkner and bannan? You may have to start having a go at more than just me if what I posted upset you that much.

>straight after the win

Well that's when the discussion was taking place. I'm not sure if a time restriction has been put in place for when its acceptable to share your opinion on something.

Again, irrelevant.

Yes, but hasn;t your mommy ever said, if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all?

And you KEEP focussing on this point

It just blows my mind that someone who lectures strangers on an Internet forum about decency, respect and tact would create such scenarios as a comparison.

Hahahahaha you have to be on some sort of wind up now. There were real life scenarios so you could  get it into your mind of what you were doing. Taking the moral high ground in this situation is **** staggering.

This one is undeniable. The silver bullet argument.

Who would swap Aston Villa's youth Champions League team for the youth team of Birmingham City?

Since this epic win means nothing to the first team, BJ10 would make the swap. He would take Birmingham's youth for ours because it makes no difference at this stage.

I wouldn't. Nobody sane would make that swap.

Winning the Champions League means something for the future of the club. It's great news, it means our youth is awesome, and will in some way or another positively affect the first team, either with extra funds (from transfers) or actual players - most likely both.

Edited by Con

Also, because your entire argument is founded on 'until they do something for the first team'. Say Carruthers came into the team this weekend and scored, this victory would suddenly mean something? 

Seeing as you've got more holes in this argument than swiss cheese, I doubt I'll get a reasoned answer.

BJ, even you must understand here that there's a list of people here, who are saying pretty much the same thing. 

You took something positive (youth team winning something which is great for them) and put a negative spin on it. Which people didn't believe was the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Since this epic win means nothing to the first team, BJ10 would make the swap. He would take Birmingham's youth for ours because it makes no difference at this stage.

Wow.

What number am I thinking about right now?

this victory would suddenly mean something?

No (try reading)

His goal for the first team would mean everything.

So the experience gained by winning this tournament which let him go on to scoring his goal for the first team means nothing?

BJ, even you must understand here that there's a list of people here, who are saying pretty much the same thing. 

You took something positive (youth team winning something which is great for them) and put a negative spin on it. Which people didn't believe was the right thing to do.

This. Normally when everybody is disagreeing with you, you're wrong. 

This. Normally when everybody is disagreeing with you, you're wrong.

A lot of people have disagreed with a lot of my opinions over the past few years. Unfortunately not many of them were wrong.

So the experience gained by winning this tournament which let him go on to scoring his goal for the first team means nothing?

You seem to be creating a hypothetical scenario as proof to back up your opinion. I don't think that really works.

This. 

He hasn't been able to genuinely bring himself to say anything positive about this, without putting a negative spin of some sort into his post, because of IMO his negative views of the current regime. How sad.   

And what you're doing is the opposite. Being negative when there's a big fat positive for the first team right in front of you.

I think I get you now though. You have that much of an ego, you won't even entertain the fact that you might be wrong. I've accepted your reasoning, even agreed with it to an extent (that most of these players won't make it), but you can't even begin to acknowledge why you might be in the wrong here. You can't accept that if most people are telling you something, then maybe you should accept it. It's all good. I understand now.

You would swap Aston Villa's youth team for Birmingham City's? Yes or No answer.

No.

What number was I thinking of?

This means you have agreed that the U19s winning the Nextgen tournament means something.

Nice U-turn there.

You have that much of an ego, you won't even entertain the fact that you might be wrong

Haha

Nothing to do with ego. I don't think I'm wrong when I say youth football means nothing.

There are examples of players who have won things at youth level and gone onto have shit careers.

There are also examples of players who have won nothing at youth level and gone onto be brilliant players.

There are examples of highly rated young players dropping down the leagues once they start playing senior football

And there are examples of players not highly rated at youth level who have gone on to succeed at senior level.

And that's because youth football doesn't mean anything.

You would swap Aston Villa's youth team for Birmingham City's? Yes or No answer.

No.

What number was I thinking of?

This means you have agreed that the U19s winning the Nextgen tournament means something.

Nice U-turn there.

Haha do I?

Your debating skills to somehow announce what's happened are brilliant. Nearly as brilliant as bannan's crossing ability.

Edited by Big_John_10

Â