Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

So you don't think having a successful academy is worth much to the future of the first team? Isn't that the point of an academy? Do you just want the club to consist of a first team? No infrastructure? No youth teams? Because that's all that matters in your eyes, right?

No have I suggested that? (Try to read)

A youth team is very important. And like I said (try to read) when these youth team players start playing for the senior team and start to impress me i'm sure i'll be very excited about them. Weimman is an example of that. While scoring goals at youth level it didn't mean anything to me, however once he started playing I got excited about him and he's fast becoming one of my favourite players.

But like I said it means nothing at youth level. Bannan and albrighton were both fantastic for the youth team and now neither of them should be anywhere near the first team. What they did at youth level meant **** all.

Luke Moore was more promising as a youngster than most young kids in the country. He won the f.a youth cup and made some good early appearances in the first team. Ultimately it meant **** all.

This isn't just 'youth level' though. it's a European tournament with some of the best academies in Europe. With players that have played in the first team and are highly thought of within their setup. In relation to this, no I don't 'get excited when the U11's win a game' and it is a **** ridiculous and disrespectful comparison because 1) U11's miles off the first team 2) the lads didn't just 'win a game', they won an entire **** tournament and 3) These U19's have ALREADY PLAYED FOR THE FIRST TEAM

In addition to what Steve said, I've thought of some more comparisons.

You go to a friends wedding who are really happy and say, 'fair play, but you shouldn't be happy because 50% of marriages end in divorce'. Correct, but not what you'd say to somebody.

You go to a military passing out ceremony for front line infantry and say, 'fair play, but you shouldn't be happy because there's a probability you're going to be shot'. Again, correct but not what you'd say. Nobody is disputing what you're saying is correct, with regards to most of these lads not making it here. It's just the staunch disrespectful, devaluation of what is a great achievement that has got so many people riled up. In addition, can you not see what maybe you're being a bit of a dick when this many people are taking the time to respond to you?

So I'm '**** disrespectful' because I compared an U11 game to a U19 game but you compare me saying youth team football means nothing to the above scenarios?

Wow.

You never address any points against you. You ask for a debate, but then don't listen and continue to spout nonsense. I addressed everything you said, but all you have to say to me is this garbage? 

This isn't just 'youth level' though

Err.... I think you'll find it is.

No it isn't. Our players in the team that won have first team appearances.

Go home Tony McAndrew, nothing you've done has any worth. May as well just pack it in, BJ doesn't value the achievements of a team attached to ASTON VILLA football club.

Edited by StefanAVFC

can't bring himself to say congratulations, job well done all round, players, coaches and staff

Congratulations, Job well done all round, players, coaches and staff.

I thought saying I'm happy they won and its a great achievement kind of covered that though.

and look forward to hopefully seeing one or two stars come through.

Hopefully they will. Would be great to have a few more weimman's break into the team.

why can't you just be happy they won it and move on

I've clearly said (try reading) that I'm happy they won it and think its a great achievement for them.

I swear you've said this like 5 times now BJ10 ;D hahaaa i keep thinking fck i clicked back a few pages...

Edit: make that 6 times you basically just said it again above as i was typing this ^ xD

Edited by kevangrealish

Don't understand why Luke Moore is such the paragon of a terrible ex-Villa academy player in the opinion of BJ10.

Swansea are a great side at the moment, and he has a CC winners medal.

Luke Moore is Exhibit A in favour of the academy.

Yet his success means nothing.

Is our youth academy not meant to help us?

Developing Luke Moore added a some money into the club granted but he failed big time as a villa player.

My point with Luke was that for all of his achievements at youth level ultimately it meant **** all when it came to him playing and performing for the first team.

You've changed your argument. You just admitted "Luke Moore added some money into the club".

Look at our U19s... if you can't bring yourself to think of the first team, think of the £££££££££s.

why can't you just be happy they won it and move on

I've clearly said (try reading) that I'm happy they won it and think its a great achievement for them.

I swear you've said this like 5 times now BJ10 ;D hahaaa i keep thinking fck i clicked back a few pages...

Haha

I'm sure I may have to say it a few more times.

• Like 1

but all you have to say to me is this garbage?

You compared me writing on the Internet that youth team football doesn't mean much to me going to churches and telling married couples they'll probably get divorced.

I think everyone can see where the garbage is coming from. You're making it perfectly clear.

But yeah IMO i can't see why this isn't exciting :(

Last year was 18 teams was it ? This year 24 teams ! Best in europe AND it's not as if our team was full of 19 year olds... they're still young for next gen's standards.

But then you look at those like Grealish who has his whole profile based around Villa, all the pictures are him in his Villa strip. You sense he is the one that will stick around when the big boys come calling. I might be reading way to much into their twitter profiles but its just a thought that crossed my mind. 

I'd like to think so KJ but never know what happens in the future, You can see his dedication to Ireland as trust. It would be more beneficial financially and maybe publicly if he played for england. But he's dedicated to Ireland and loves them. Sorry for the OT comment guys ;D

can't bring himself to say congratulations, job well done all round, players, coaches and staff

I thought saying I'm happy they won and its a great achievement kind of covered that though.

>and look forward to hopefully seeing one or two stars come through.

Hopefully they will. Would be great to have a few more weimman's break into the team.

Too little too late. You've been too negative, quite a lot of people think so. But I suppose it's me everybody else who has simply misunderstood you....blah blah blah. 

• Like 1

No it isn't.

Haha

The nextgen cup is a youth level competition. Yes or no?

Yes. Involving players with first team apps. Yes or no?

Yes didn't ever argue against that.

It's still a youth level competition.

But I thought it didn't matter because it only matters once these players make first team appearances? But they have, so surely it matters? That was your only argument for the tournament not meaning anything (which is disrespectful anyway).

but all you have to say to me is this garbage?

You compared me writing on the Internet that youth team football doesn't mean much to me going to churches and telling married couples they'll probably get divorced.

I think everyone can see where the garbage is coming from. You're making it perfectly clear.

That was a **** example.. A good example too, A bit about timing and tact, which obviously you need to learn before you do one of those scenarios me and Stevo laid one. Seeing as Stevo made the same ones and numerous people liked it. Yet you pick up on the points that have nothing to do with the argument at hand, and use it to strengthen your stance. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

>

>

Too little too late. You've been too negative, quite a lot of people think so. But I suppose it's me everybody else who has simply misunderstood you....blah blah blah. 

Too little too late? Haha.

I think you'll find (try reading) that I said it was a good achievement for them pretty early on.

'try reading' seems to be your only argument.

Well, along with focussing on irrelevant things to strengthen your position.

Edited by StefanAVFC

But I thought it didn't matter because it only matters once these players make first team appearances?

No (try reading)

I said it matters what they do when they play for the first team. Nothing about making an appearance for the first team and then playing at youth level. You're making up your own arguments now.

But I thought it didn't matter because it only matters once these players make first team appearances?

No (try reading)

I said it matters what they do when they play for the first team. Nothing about making an appearance for the first team and then playing at youth level. You're making up your own arguments now.

That is absolute bollocks. I'm done.

A good example too

You honestly believe that saying youth football means nothing on an Internet forum is anyway close to attending numerous wedding ceremonies and telling happily married couples that they'll probably be divorced?

Wow

Time to stop now, eh. 

Please don't say that. The amount of laughs ive had at work today. Jheez.

It's keeping me entertained.

>

>ockquote>

Hopefully they will. Would be great to have a few more weimman's break into the team.r />  

Too little too late? Haha.

I think you'll find (try reading) that I said it was a good achievement for them pretty early on.

Edited by Kingfisher

Â