Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Rob182

Prediction time!

Finally the boring England games are out the way.

-------------- Guzan ----------------

Lowton -- Vlaar - Clark -- Bennett

Westwood -- El Ahmadi -- Delph -

-------------- Ireland ---------------

---------- Bent --- Gabby ----------

2-1 Villa!

-----------Guzan----------

Lowton Vlaar Clark Lichaj

---------KEA Herd---------

---Ireland------Holman---

-----Bent----Benteke-----

Gabby on for Holman and Weimann on for Benteke around 65 minutes. Wouldn't throw Bennett in for this one, but would play him at Southampton next week.

I think a draw would be a decent result because Swansea aren't a bad side. I would be hoping for 7 points from the next 9 and I think this is the most testing of the three games.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Lichaj

El Ahmadi Westwood

Holman Ireland

Gabby Bent

I'd keep Lichaj in as I thought he performed admirably against Ben Arfa at Newcastle, plus throwing Bennett straight in against Dyer or Hernandez might be a bit much. I'd like to see what this Westwood kid is all about. We can bring Bannan or Delph/Herd on as the game dictates later on. Gabby should start ahead of Weimann and Benteke, with the big man coming off the bench later on.

----------------Guzan

Lowton-------Vlaar----Clark-----Bennett

----------El Ahmadi---Westwood

-----Holman--------------------Ireland

------------Gabby------Bent

Subs:

Given

Lichaj

Benteke

Weimann

Delph

Bannan

Herd

I think Lichaj is a hard worker and he'll give his all but for me he's just not good enough. Not sure about Westwood starting but from what I've heard about him I hope so, doubt it though. Herd or Delph in for Westwood if he doesn't start.

My boss is a Swansea fan, and has informed in no uncertain terms that they do not like teams 'getting into them'. We very much 'got into' Newcastle for pretty much the full 90 minutes, and did very well for it. I hope for a similar set up in this game, we shouldnt shy away from that approach because it's a home game rather than away, as it worked well.

As for the 18 man squad, I'm not really sure, given all the new additions. I would be pleased to see Bennett, Westwood, and Benteke for 30 or minutes at the least, though

----------------Guzan

Lowton-------Vlaar----Clark-----Bennett

----------El Ahmadi---Westwood

N'zogbia---------Ireland ----------Gabby

--------- --------- Bent

With Gabby, Ireland and N'zogbia all floating/interchanging....

Think we will win this one 2-0.

Bent & Westwood.

I really have no idea what to expect from Villa. Part of me thinks they can build on the Newcastle performance and do well and part of me thinks we will put in another crap performance and get turned over.

I remember thinking last year after the Chelsea away game and after the excellent 2nd half performance against QPR we may be turning the corner but we never did.

As for the team selection well thats anyones guess. Lambert tinkers more than Ranieri :lol:

I would probably bring Gabby into the starting eleven and start Bennett at left back too.

I would also probably drop Bannan and play Delph instead.

Westwood, Bowry and Benteke should not start but Lambert will probably do something totally different and probably totally unexpected

----------------------Given-----------------------

Lowton-------Clark--------Vlaar---------Bennett

-----------------KEA------Bannan----------------

---------Holman------------------Ireland---------

--------------------------------Gabby-------------

--------------------Bent----------------------------

I think expecting us to dominate is hugely ambitious.

I think we can get something, but I would still expect Swansea to have a lot of the ball. We just need to make sure we apply the same pressure as we did against Newcastle.

Going to this one, so hoping it ends up considerably better than the last one I went to (Everton)

I'm going all out and predicting our first win. 2-1. We'll be 2-0 up and concede with about 10 minutes to go making the end of the game unbearable.