how many career changes have you had??

donnie

Until I was 28 I didn't have a career as such, only education, unemployment and 'jobs'.

Then I got into I.T., had one employer for 3 years, then switched to my current (and final) employer and have been here for 27 years.

Started working part time for Kwik Save when i was 18

:D That's where I started too! When I was 16 though. Technically, a change of career from that to what I do now counts I guess. So just the one for me.

Zero for me too. Started working part time for Kwik Save when i was 18, 11 years later and now a Deputy Manager for Sainsburys.

Small world. I've been in and out of 33 Holborn for about 10 years now offering them advice. Good company. Invest.

I've had 'jobs', and although I've been in my current role for 3 years I don't consider that my career. I'm 25 and would like an opportunity to change 'career', but I'm fussy, there is little room for development in my current role and I've not got much experience or qualification in anything.

I'll get there though, I'm just not brave enough to make that change without a bit of thought.

An ex colleague of mine worked at the same place as me for near on 3 years. He seemed happy enough and never moaned. But one day he was doing his normal drive to work then he got to the final part of the journey instead of turning right at the roundabout to the office, he turned left and just kept going and never came back. Never resigned or nothing, just went onto pastures new.

I guess we are all very different.

I've worked in Engineering since I left school. Automotive for 10 years, Aerospace for 6, a foundry for a year then Shipbuilding. Shipbuilding is by far the most interesting...

Started off doing a PE degree, worked for an agency who sent me in to schools as a cover supervisor and was considering doing my PGCE and being a teacher. Went down a completely different route and got a job in a bank, done that for 2 years, but sick to death of the strict and unrealistic sales targets and being made to feel inadequate. Am now working for Solihull council and studying AAT to hopefully become an accountant.

Â