how many career changes have you had??

donnie

you could try site management / quantity surveying rather than actual construction, thats what i did, company pays you to go to uni

takes 5 years starting pay of £12k - £14k with regular pay rises plus expenses (i think i was on around £18k by year 3, £26k by year 5)

Do something Environmental, Energy Surveys, feasability studies, Environmental Impact Assessment, Contamination surveys etc etc

There are lots of jobs in it and it's one of the only industries that's growing because of companies getting ready for the Green Deal/Kyoto agreement in 2018.

So what are good careers to get into then in mid 20's?? to old to become a humble plumber, electrician which would suit me fine. Not clever enough to do accountancy, so teaching and radiography is all i can think of...in my industry cant see me ever earning much more then £25k. Need more to buy a house in future years to come.

:|

As a science teacher, I have to declare an interest here, but if you don't think you need to be clever to teach...have you ever tried herding cats?

Just joking, it's a job I love, but it does attract a...ahem...wide range of people. Reminds me of that Armstrong and Miller sketch...

become a teacher

One. Effective yesterday.

You got fired...or they promoted you?

Former employers didn't opt to extend my fixed-term contract! Current employers took me on a week after my contract ended. Enjoyed old work, enjoying current! All good.

Zero for me too. Started working part time for Kwik Save when i was 18, 11 years later and now a Deputy Manager for Sainsburys.

Small world. I've been in and out of 33 Holborn for about 10 years now offering them advice. Good company. Invest.

Yep, Justin certainly seems to have re-positioned JS on the right path, in this broken "2 nations" UK.

Just the one career for me... Banking. Been doing it over 10 years.

First few jobs were just that, 'jobs'. Trainee chartered surveyor, sales admin in an import/export business and plenty of short term contracts working through Reed.

Â