Media and punditry

BOF

Jake Humphrey is an absolutely horrendous presenter, he's wooden and inherently unlikeable. Definitely one from the Ben Shephard school of 'how not to present'.

That's odd. He was great on the BBC.

Al Jazeera Sports have spent bucket loads on acquiring the rights to Premier League football for the Middle East and Africa, yet the PL have told them they can only broadcast one of the Saturday at 3pm games, instead of every live match. This has taken effect mid-season as of a few weeks ago.

The reason they've been given the sanctions is due to a host of bars in the UK being able to show Al Jazeera broadcasts on a Saturday and the league aren't happy.

As a viewer, this has pissed me right off as if the Villa are not the chosen game on the Saturday I can no longer watch them. Plus there's no alternative channel to redirect my subscription too.

Jazeera have decided to cancel their contract with the PL at the end of the season due to their moving of the goalposts (so to speak).

Thankfully, all other non Saturday 3pm games are still shown live, but paying overseas customers aren't being offered any discounts on their subscription. Bet Richard Keys and Andy Gray are mighty pissed off too, as they've moved to Qatar to be part of the Jazeera team.

I'm happy with anything that has pissed off keys and gray, couple of big headed rocket polishers. Thinking we tuned in each week for them pair.

A pissed off Keys and Gray in isolation is great, but not when I has a knock-on effect to my happiness.

Can't help but feel the money grabbing PL has shafted the consumer here!  :angry:

Al Jazeera Sports have spent bucket loads on acquiring the rights to Premier League football for the Middle East and Africa, yet the PL have told them they can only broadcast one of the Saturday at 3pm games, instead of every live match. This has taken effect mid-season as of a few weeks ago.

The reason they've been given the sanctions is due to a host of bars in the UK being able to show Al Jazeera broadcasts on a Saturday and the league aren't happy.

As a viewer, this has pissed me right off as if the Villa are not the chosen game on the Saturday I can no longer watch them. Plus there's no alternative channel to redirect my subscription too.

Jazeera have decided to cancel their contract with the PL at the end of the season due to their moving of the goalposts (so to speak).

Thankfully, all other non Saturday 3pm games are still shown live, but paying overseas customers aren't being offered any discounts on their subscription. Bet Richard Keys and Andy Gray are mighty pissed off too, as they've moved to Qatar to be part of the Jazeera team.

We still get every game in HD via the NBC family of channels over here... ;)

We still get every game in HD via the NBC family of channels over here... ;)

NBC is awful in their coverage of the "Big Six" though. They have Manchester Mondays, where they spend two hours doing highlights of the Manchester teams games, and then on Tuesdays they show highlights of Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. And they don't have a show on Wednesday showing the other four games. Also, on Comcast, they show every game live OnDemand... of the big six. If one of the big six isn't involved, you have to go on a computer and watch online. 

Obviously the coverage is better than foxsoccer was because every game is available, but it's really annoying how they just blatantly favor the Big Six. Why not show every game OnDemand? It makes no sense to show six of the ten anyway, why not just put the other four there as well? The more I think about it, the more I want Everton to win the prem this year. **** the big six.

watched the Keane/Vieira documentary last night, was a brilliant piece of television and also quite funny from both of them. the 2 guys really looked look they were enjoying themselves remembering the battles and with their Gary Neville bashing.

as much as Sky can build it up the Premier League wont have a rivalry again like Arsenal vs Man Utd as it had everything. hatred, talent, great managers, great players, good football and great battles

watched the Keane/Vieira documentary last night, was a brilliant piece of television and also quite funny from both of them. the 2 guys really looked look they were enjoying themselves remembering the battles and with their Gary Neville bashing.

as much as Sky can build it up the Premier League wont have a rivalry again like Arsenal vs Man Utd as it had everything. hatred, talent, great managers, great players, good football and great battles

Agreed, it was great viewing.

Regarding great players, what a joint 11 they picked at the end. Any team that has Bergkamp sat on the bench can't be sniffed at.

Â