Di Canio verbally destroys goalie

Sureshot

Paolo Di Canio branded his goalkeeper Wes Foderingham the worst professional he has ever worked with after Swindon lost 4-1 at Preston.

Goalkeeper Foderingham was substituted after only 21 minutes at Deepdale with his side trailing 2-0 before a heated confrontation with his manager in the tunnel. Foderingham was replaced by 18-year-old Leigh Bedwell.

Di Canio did not hold back in condemning the actions of his goalkeeper, insisting that if he does not publicly apologise his time at the club could well be at an end.

"He was one of the worst players I have ever seen," said Di Canio. "He's another player like the others, why can't we change the goalkeeper? Because the goalkeeper has a different coloured shirt?

"I know Wes, he was the worst player against Stoke in the cup - he was far away the worst player, he made a rubbish performance. But I covered for him because we won 4-3. But what he did was not only the mistake, which can happen to anyone, but the arrogance when he started moaning to the other players - that was the worst thing for me.

"A player that doesn't recognise his mistakes which were clear from miles away, he started moaning to his team-mates. Out there he behaved as the worst professional, arrogant, ignorant athlete I have ever seen. And if he doesn't come out and apologise to the fans, to the professionals in general, he is out from my team."

Click

Don't hold back, Paolo.

It's already obvious he's going to become 'that sort of manager'. He'll be difficult to work with, but some chairmen will really like that sort of approach and with a bit of success it's easy for him to be quickly noticed.

Not a fan of Di Canio's car crash man management style, but he's in the right on this one. If the keeper's having a stinker, who says you can't sub him after 20 minutes? In fact, keeper's such a critical position you can make a case for it being the only position you should really sub so early.

Fair enough he's a young player, but the reaction upon being taken off was a disgrace. It's just like Di Canio says, you can't act like you're untouchable just because you have a different coloured shirt and you're allowed to handball. Get off the pitch, sit down, shut-the-fuggup, play better next time. Stupid little prima donna.

EDIT: wacky word filter...

Not a fan of Di Canio's car crash man management style, but he's in the right on this one. If the keeper's having a stinker, who says you can't sub him after 20 minutes? In fact, keeper's such a critical position you can make a case for it being the only position you should really sub so early.

Fair enough he's a young player, but the reaction upon being taken off was a disgrace. It's just like the De Canio says, you can't act like you're untouchable just because you have a different coloured shirt and you're allowed to handball. Get off the pitch, sit down, I think I need to lie down and drink a camomile tea, play better next time. Stupid little prima donna.

100% agree.

It's already obvious he's going to become 'that sort of manager'. He'll be difficult to work with, but some chairmen will really like that sort of approach and with a bit of success it's easy for him to be quickly noticed.
Yeah he's that kind of manager alright. It's how he deals with setbacks that will define him. If everything's fine then he's fine. If everything isn't, then you can't be falling out with players and burning bridges every time. Otherwise you end up like Roy Keane. Unhinged and a liability to your club.

Â