Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He played a big part in that goal so its another feather in his cap on top of his six assists. He's having a good season.

He made a forward pass.

If you're a striker, you need to shoot or you have no chance of scoring. A midfielder usually needs to pass forward to get a chance of having an assist.

He played a big part in that goal so its another feather in his cap on top of his six assists. He's having a good season.

He made a forward pass.

If you're a striker, you need to shoot or you have no chance of scoring. A midfielder usually needs to pass forward to get a chance of having an assist.

Indeed, I've lost your point in this though, what was it?

the ball that landed near Agbonlahor was, technically, a hoof.

It's a little disingenuous to call that pass a hoof, a word used colloquially to describe a pass of poor quality. It was more measured than that, and it turned into a goal so it's all good for Westwood.

It's a little disingenuous to call that pass a hoof, a word used colloquially to describe a pass of poor quality. It was more measured than that, and it turned into a goal so it's all good for Westwood.

Okay, it's a Type 3 Hoof, according to my hoof classification system.

The ball if it was intended for Benteke was over-hit but it wasn't so badly over-hit that it was a wasted ball. Deserves all the credit for making the pass, but it did look like a hoof up to the target man.

Okay, it's a Type 3 Hoof, according to my hoof classification system.

The ball if it was intended for Benteke was over-hit but it wasn't so badly over-hit that it was a wasted ball. Deserves all the credit for making the pass, but it did look like a hoof up to the target man.

Type 3 Hoof  :crylaugh:

Okay enough of this. Who's looking forward to Murphy/Westwood next year? Gonna be sexy.

• Like 1

It was definitely aimed to land in the stride of Gabby, I just watched it, I'm convinced. The striker was moving, the pass needed to be measured to arrive at his feet as it roughly did.

A hoof in my mind is a ball punted up to a static strikers head or a ball aimed to arrive into a general area of about 15 square yards. Westwood's pass was neither of those.

It was definitely aimed to land in the stride of Gabby, I just watched it, I'm convinced. The striker was moving, the pass needed to be measured to arrive at his feet as it roughly did.

A hoof in my mind is a ball punted up to a static strikers head or a ball aimed to arrive into a general area of about 15 square yards. Westwood's pass was neither of those.

A hoof type 3 though also known as an assist!