Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Almost as important as having Vlaar back. This guy is massively important for our team. He protects the back four quite well in the absence of a proper defensive midfielder and is calm with the ball. Also not sure if people have noticed but he is a leader for us. He is always shouting and organising. I know people say he hasnt had a massive impact on us, but I think he has as he is one of 6 players who are massively important for us.

Also - I thought he was out for 3 months?

Almost as important as having Vlaar back. This guy is massively important for our team. He protects the back four quite well in the absence of a proper defensive midfielder and is calm with the ball. Also not sure if people have noticed but he is a leader for us. He is always shouting and organising. I know people say he hasnt had a massive impact on us, but I think he has as he is one of 6 players who are massively important for us.

Also - I thought he was out for 3 months?

I agree completely, Westwood has been one our most important players all season with Benteke, Weimann, Vlaar and Guzan. He could use another more physical player to play beside him though.

I think he is superb, thought he and delph were excellent today

Superb is a ridiculous over - statement. As is excellent in the context you have used here. I have absolutely no idea how the game went, but I can safely saythat our 2 centre midfielders were NOT excellent.

Superb is a ridiculous over - statement. As is excellent in the context you have used here. I have absolutely no idea how the game went, but I can safely saythat our 2 centre midfielders were NOT excellent.

How can you comment if you weren't at the game?

How can you comment if you weren't at the game?

Because I know the score. I have heard enough peoples reactions to know that we definately were not excellent for most periods of the game in the most important area of the pitch.

They were probably excellent in the same way Makoun bossed a 2-2 draw at home to Fulham, and the same way Darren Bent scores week in week out. Therefore, they were not excellent.

And Westwood is NOT superb. Iniesta, Messi, Van Persie etc are superb. Westwood has been half decent at best taking into account the positives most people have said about him and pairing that with the woeful displays I have seen him put in.

Because I know the score. I have heard enough peoples reactions to know that we definately were not excellent for most periods of the game in the most important area of the pitch.

They were probably excellent in the same way Makoun bossed a 2-2 draw at home to Fulham, and the same way Darren Bent scores week in week out. Therefore, they were not excellent.

And Westwood is NOT superb. Iniesta, Messi, Van Persie etc are superb. Westwood has been half decent at best taking into account the positives most people have said about him and pairing that with the woeful displays I have seen him put in.

This is a ridiculous argument.

When people say he was superb ( which he was ) I think it's in context of the game and the team he's playing in. No ones saying he's in the same class as the worlds best players.

Really did do well today. Rarely gives the ball away and most importantly always looks forward for a pass.

When people say he was superb ( which he was ) I think it's in context of the game and the team he's playing in. No ones saying he's in the same class as the worlds best players.

Really did do well today. Rarely gives the ball away and most importantly always looks forward for a pass.

Altho I agree with the idea of this post I disagree with some of its context.

The quote from SGC was 'I think he is superb'. He then went on to talk about the game by saying how he was excellent today along with delph.

Edited by Woodytom

Altho I agree with the idea of this post I disagree with some of its context.

The quote from SGC was 'I think he is superb'. He then went on to talk about the game by saying how he was excellent today along with delph.

If I misinterpreted it then my apologies. I saw it as superb for villa which IMO can't be argued with.

Give it a rest woodytom

Give what a rest?

All im saying is that its ridiculous to call Ashley Westwood 'superb' which is what you said. If you meant something else then say so! If you have an arguement to back it up, Im all ears. Be a lot better than reading child like remarks.

If I misinterpreted it then my apologies. I saw it as superb for villa which IMO can't be argued with.

No need to apologise. If you thought he was superb then thats fair enough. I didnt see the game - however I still would disagree as I find it impossible to believe that we can lose 1-0 at home to Southampton and have players who were 'Superb'. Im not suggesting that all losing players perform badly, some can be good and unlucky of course.

Superb is pretty high praise though. Im prepared to be wrong btw, and hope I am because it will be good for the team. But history of villa/this site tells me that I am probably not wrong, even if Im not 100% right.

I dont understand why people sing this lads praises. He looks like a league 2 player. Offers nothing going forwards and cant get a tackle in. Another flop signing from Lambert IMO