Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Sorry, I simply don't believe that he didn't touch the ball for half an hour. I'm calling it, those stats are wrong.

What's better is that the '30 'touch' was a shot. So according to that, he didn't make a pass until the 41st minute. It surely must be wrong. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

What's better is that the '30 'touch' was a shot. So according to that, he didn't make a pass until the 41st minute. It surely must be wrong. 

Surely it's impossible to not make a pass until the 41st minute as a CM with 63% possession unless you're actively trying to avoid the ball at all costs. And even then, it's probably more likely that you'll accidentally touch it :lol: 

I think you need to be a certain type of player to succeed at Villa, it's too big a job for him. A great club on a steep decline and it's far too much for him. Put him in a team at the bottom who are more his level and I think he will perform for them.

Added with a lack of ability and it's just never going to work out.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Disagree mate. He doesn't have the fight to play in midfield at any decent level. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I've seen very little to suggest he can do well in this league. He's on a massive downward spiral and just isn't good enough. 

Currently an utterly abysmal player. 

1 hour ago, Risso said:

We were in the bottom half until recently, and he was dire.

Edited by DK82

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ta. That makes more sense then. 

Look at the chalk board.  Three passes, one of which was back to the keeper.  WHAT. A. GUY!

• Like 1

I went, I don't think it's true but I bet he didn't touch it more than ten times. Pathetic display from him and Gardner but fully expected before the game. How much more do we have to witness before we buy proper midfield players? 

The Birmingham mail are running with the '9 touch story' although they are simply using stats from 'WhoScored'

According to popular stats site WhoScored , Tshibola had 47 touches during the second-half while the two men who made way in the heart of the midfield, Westwood and Gardner, had a combined nine touches of the ball.

could be passes although westwood hit a long ball forward out to hutton around 15' that was accurate and i don't think that came up on whoever posted the min by min stats earlier 

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Whoscored get their stats from Opta, they have a reputation of being reliable. 

It does seem too mad to be true but I've just watched a bit of the periscope and it's not the best quality to see clearly. 

it's obvious who it is, he points all the time #westwoodhatebanter