Joe Bennett

Si.

JLS had that purple patch which peaked at our 2-1 win at Charlton, where de la Cruz had got an express motorbike to the ground after some WC qualification exertions. Samuel scored from a beautiful move down the left side and then they missed a last minute penalty. One of the highlights of DOL’s first season. After the game I made the outrageous claim that Samuel was good enough for England. He promptly got the call up and then played zero minutes. Last seen in Iran.

He was absolutely awesome for like the first half of that season and then progressively got shitter.

I feel a bit sorry for Bennett, he's had a pretty tough time since we signed him. Took a while to return from injury when he joined, was thrown in the deep end in a struggling side when he did get a chance, fans got on his back early and when he finally started to show some signs of progression, he gets injured again for a few months.

I'm looking forward to him getting back to full fitness, I have full faith that given a bit of time and a good run in the team when he's fully fit, he could become a good player for us, maybe not the ideal top 6 player most fans want, but a good full back for a mid-table Premier League team.

Bennett's just not going to make it even as a lower half premier league player.

(Having said that it's now inevitable he starts tonight and scores the winning goal!)

Why?

Because its normal to write people off after their first season in the best league in the world.

What's the story with JB? Is he still injured or back in training?

He was in one of the Grant Holt training shots on the OS, so I assume he's working his way back to full fitness.

Wonder who will get on the bench when both him and Luna are fit?

OK, so here's my 1st ever post and I've surprised myself by making it about Joe Bennett....

Like many others the lad has his faults, but there's definitely talent in there so I'm sure he will do well in the future.

Right now I'd describe him as a good footballer who can't play well in games. Sort of like that friend we all have who can do 1000's of keepy-uppies but is rubbish in a match!

I have faith in him and I hope I'm right but it's Bertrand's time now.

PS - I saw him outside the ground a few weeks ago and he has really bulked up.

• Like 1

Bennett's just not going to make it even as a lower half premier league player.

(Having said that it's now inevitable he starts tonight and scores the winning goal!)

Why?

Sorry, I confess I was wrong - he didn't start and didn't score.

OK, so here's my 1st ever post and I've surprised myself by making it about Joe Bennett....

Like many others the lad has his faults, but there's definitely talent in there so I'm sure he will do well in the future.

Right now I'd describe him as a good footballer who can't play well in games. Sort of like that friend we all have who can do 1000's of keepy-uppies but is rubbish in a match!

I have faith in him and I hope I'm right but it's Bertrand's time now.

PS - I saw him outside the ground a few weeks ago and he has really bulked up.

I really hope so because that's what he needed. To get a lot lot stronger

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile, Chris Herd is available again after hamstring problem as is Joe Bennett who stepped up his recovery from a back injury by turning out for the U21s on Monday.

Wouldn't mind seeing Joe as a left midfielder, decent cross and I don't think he'll see much time with Bertrand at left back. 

Â