Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

A French friend told me today that all parties involved are trying to get him a move to Ligue 1, although at times it's hard to decipher his accent so I may have heard wrong.

he might have meant League 1 ;)

Haha, could be right there!

He signed a 5 year contract with us? Good grief that and Given's contract that is a huge lump of money we will never get back. What was the board thinking?

They were thinking now that MONs gone and we've got financial control back we'll try something different

• Like 1

I am not so sure that N'Zogbia is in the bomb squad though...if he was Lambert would not even bother including him in the 25 man squad, he'd be left out like Hutton. I imagine he isn't Lambert's favorite player and that if a decent offer came in, he might sell...but as a player who can occupy one of our weaker positions (AM), Lambert would be mad to bomb him out and I don't think he ever did. 

Edited by LockStockVilla
  • Like 1

I can see why he would do a backflip on it.. and i admire him for it as hes learning from his mistakes.

all the bomb squad have left for very little money or are just rotting in the reserves.. we may as well play them if their useful (shay and Nzogbia not hutton)

By letting them rot they lose value and we cant sell them.. they are not fit and are then risky signings.

Nzogbia should play.. get fit.. and then sell him once hes played again. Possibly recouping 3-4 million for him. Otherwise you let him rot and he leaves on a free because noone wants to pay his wages and dont think he can play due to the bad injury.

Best thing to do in Nzogbia's case is bring him back.. get him some games.. and then sell him.. if we can afford to play him in a few dead rubbers towards the end of the season and he impresses.. we can then sell him for a few million in the summer..

I don't get why he was given a ridiculous squad number if Lambert wanted him to stick around. Being stripped of his number with the likes of Bent, Hutton and Bannan surely gave him an inclination of what the manager thought about him.

Â