Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I really dont understand how people cant see the improvement in the team. It's laughable to say we are no better than last season. It's a brand new team, and the signs are already there after such a short period of time. The everton / southampton results go hand in hand with a new team geling.

The difference in performance levels from last season to this season have been massive.. You can just tell the players are playing for the manager and their place in the team. Last year not so much, they were happy to just coast along, but not under Lambert.

Have the results been any better AF? Its not as if we have had a hard start to our season fixture wise.

Not but we are talking about the Performance not the results, Look at Swansea at home, remember what happend last season?

Played good against newcastle and should have won that game, only Ben Arfa's wonder strike saved them.

Yes we played very bad against southampton, but it was the worst time to play them.. Just been battered 6-1 by Arsenal and wanting to prove something to their home fans..

Results will come.

All fair points and i sincerely hope your right.

I really dont understand how people cant see the improvement in the team. It's laughable to say we are no better than last season. It's a brand new team, and the signs are already there after such a short period of time. The everton / southampton results go hand in hand with a new team geling.

Or you could say those results were due to being a poor team?

I watched your game against WBA, and I'm sorry, but you look certain relegation candidates to me.

Do you mean we are certainly down or in the mix with yourselves, QPR, Reading, Saints, Wigan, Swansea & possibly Stoke ?

That's a mini league of 8 as I see it.

I watched your game against WBA, and I'm sorry, but you look certain relegation candidates to me.

Long should have put the game beyond your reach several times, your defending was appalling at times.

Its not sour grapes, because we're as good as down ourselves, at least you have a manager whereas our guy's a total joke...........I'm dreading our game with you now.

You can't base your whole opinion of a team on 1 or 2 games. It makes no sense.

Yes it was bad defending and i'm sure the players will learn from it.

You could if you wanted to put a negative spin on it. But if you look carefuly at why we lost and how we conceded, they are all errors of having a completley new back four. Southamton was a mad 25 or whatever mins. Penalty / own goal / and confusion between who should be where, which is the palyers not fully knowing each others games yet.

Everton was the same, very experienced prem sided taking apart a pretty much new 11.

Long should have put the game beyond your reach several times, your defending was appalling at times.

Its not sour grapes, because we're as good as down ourselves, at least you have a manager whereas our guy's a total joke...........I'm dreading our game with you now.

Yet we were the better side against a team that if you spoke to any of their fans you'd think were Brazil.

Don't write anyone off after 6 games, including yourselves. People can overreact so much over just a couple of games with regards to where teams will finish. I blame the media for that.

Do you mean we are certainly down or in the mix with yourselves, QPR, Reading, Saints, Wigan, Swansea & possibly Stoke ?

I don't think we're even in the mix, we are that dire, players who played out of their skins under Lambert can't even make the bench now.

We're certain for the drop imo, so now you'll only have to look for two sides worse than you.

Don't write Hughton off yet, he's a decent manager. I think any of the 8 teams I've mentioned could get sucked into this but I can see Stoke or us winning this mini-league of 8, I think Norwich may just survive.

after a kind start to this season.

People are missing the fact that the fixtures were NOT that kind. Playing 2 of the new boys both away inside the first month and a rampaging Everton side. We've actually had a tricky set of games to navigate.

I don't think we're even in the mix, we are that dire, players who played out of their skins under Lambert can't even make the bench now.

We're certain for the drop imo, so now you'll only have to look for two sides worse than you.

Well there's Reading, Southampton, Swansea and Wigan, then QPR are a car crash and I'd say we are on a par at least with Stoke, West Ham and possibly Sunderland.

You could if you wanted to put a negative spin on it. But if you look carefuly at why we lost and how we conceded, they are all errors of having a completley new back four. Southamton was a mad 25 or whatever mins. Penalty / own goal / and confusion between who should be where, which is the palyers not fully knowing each others games yet.

Everton was the same, very experienced prem sided taking apart a pretty much new 11.

Maybe its a little too easy at the moment to explain our poor results by blaming lack of cohesion within our back four and maybe that is actually one of the reasons but it still doesn't explain our lack of cutting edge.

Maybe its a little too easy at the moment to explain our poor results by blaming lack of cohesion within our back four and maybe that is actually one of the reasons but it still doesn't explain our lack of cutting edge.

We are scoring goals, and creating chances. I dont really see where you think there isnt a cutting edge. It's getting used to being an attacknig team again. It will come - I've seen enough to believe that.

We're getting more and more possession. We're able to get it forward to a point, no problems. If our strikers can get onto the ball then we'll be fine. I think we lack (certainly on Sunday) the ability to make the final pass between attacking mid & striker. If that's what some here are calling the cutting edge then I agree with that. To me a cutting edge is the ability to score, whereas I see the issue as being more specific than that. We lacked a Stephen Ireland figure. Why Bannan didn't replace him is curious to me as my fears were borne out through the majority of the match. We're not far off and we are not a relegation candidate IMHO.