Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Have a good feeling results will go our way today so ive done...

Selection Selection Details Result 1 Football Matches Premier League Matches West Ham v Wigan Athletic 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win West Ham @ 5/4   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 2 Football Matches Premier League Matches West Brom v Newcastle 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win West Brom @ 13/10   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 3 Football Matches Premier League Matches Swansea v Southampton 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Swansea @ 13/10   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 4 Football Matches Premier League Matches Sunderland v Everton 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Everton @ 13/10   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 5 Football Matches Premier League Matches QPR v Stoke 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win QPR @ 5/4   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 6 Football Matches Premier League Matches Norwich v Reading 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Reading @ 4/1   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 7 Football Matches Premier League Matches Fulham v Arsenal 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Arsenal @ 8/11   Pending  
Stake and Return Details Bet placed at 20th of Apr 2013 09:03 am Total Stake £20.00 Bet type Accumulator (7) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0 Number of lines 1 Total stake due £20.00 Stake per line £20.00 Freebets Redeemed £0.00 Channel Internet Total amount paid £20.00 Number of win lines -     Potential Returns £10,639.21

I can see WBA rolling over tbh. To screw us.

Newcastle are a decent side to be far. Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sissoko are quality players.

They looked abysmal last Sunday

Newcastle are a decent side to be far. Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sissoko are quality players.

They looked abysmal last Sunday

They didn't look good but 3-0 hugely flattered Sunderland.

Newcastle played on the Thursday night as well remember. To me, Newcastle are a textbook example of a team stretched by the demands of playing in Europe. Too many Thursday night games has hurt their league position this year. 

Is it the same West Brom who drew with Newcastle themselves two years ago then we got above the two of them in the final day ?!

Well I'm not saying they'll win or lose .. But I'm really hoping that West Brom could do it and win this game !

Hard to chose between a QPR win or a west ham 4 - 0 win. I'll take both

Well .. 4-0 is a hard call !

Them two losing + Norwich , Sunderland and Newcastle all losing and it will be as Villa won on Monday already !

Although it's another hard call .. But who knows ?! 

A huge huge games coming today ! 

The point stands though. We'd done well enough playing that way before we imploded. Why can't the implosion be down to the personnel? Not solely the shape of the side?

A couple of draws and wins against Norwich and Liverpool. It's hardly setting the world on fire. Compare that with the following 4 games playing the same formation.

And the Newcastle game shows how much it was down to the formation. First half awful, change at half time and improved instantly.

Personally I don't think 3 at the back is so crazy

You basing that on how well other teams currently do using it? Our great run of form? How much better we've looked since we stopped using it?

Criticising Lambert so much over his use of 3 at the back but not praising him for finding a good formula is a bit odd

That would be odd. Who hasn't praised him for finding a good formation now?

I think you'll find some just aren't going to make excuses for what a poor year it's been.

Did he have options though ? - the choice seemed to be a pairing of Clark\Baker or play a back 5 with Clark\Baker\Herd - TBH neither selection would fill me with confidence. I could be wrong but thought our form slowly began to improve with the return of Vllaar ?

Of course he had options. The formation was awful defensively and shocking in attack. It's no coincidence that our goal scoring average a game has shot up since we started playing our current formation.

Vlaar started against Newcastle in which the first half was an embarrassing awful performance against one of the worst away teams in the league. And shock we looked much better the moment he changed it.

Like I said as far as I can see the option was a CB pairing of Clark/Baker - or a back 5 containing Clark\Baker\Herd. Pretty much as soon as Vlaar was fit - he went to a back four. 

I don't see what other options he had.

Vlaar was fit against Newcastle and he started with 3 at the back. Changing because we were 2-0 down and being out played.

I'm not saying his defensive options were brilliant but to suggest he had to play that way is ridiculous. Especially when it did so badly.

After letting in 12 goals in two games do you not think it might have been wise to try something else? Can it get worse?

Then after letting in another 3 goals against Wigan do you not think it might have been wise to try something else?

I still don't see what options he had. I am disappointed  in Lambert. But with Dunne\Vlaar injured - he had really limited options - The error to me was starting a season with only 1 fit experienced CB - That said when the vlaar injury struck his hands were pretty much tied.  I really don't see what else he could have done 

Selection Selection Details Result 1 Football Matches Premier League Matches West Ham v Wigan Athletic 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win West Ham @ 5/4   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 2 Football Matches Premier League Matches West Brom v Newcastle 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win West Brom @ 13/10   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 3 Football Matches Premier League Matches Swansea v Southampton 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Swansea @ 13/10   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 4 Football Matches Premier League Matches Sunderland v Everton 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Everton @ 13/10   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 5 Football Matches Premier League Matches QPR v Stoke 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win QPR @ 5/4   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 6 Football Matches Premier League Matches Norwich v Reading 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Reading @ 4/1   Pending  
Selection Selection Details Result 7 Football Matches Premier League Matches Fulham v Arsenal 20th of Apr 2013 3:00 pm Win-Draw-Win Arsenal @ 8/11   Pending  
Stake and Return Details Bet placed at 20th of Apr 2013 09:03 am Total Stake £20.00 Bet type Accumulator (7) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0 Number of lines 1 Total stake due £20.00 Stake per line £20.00 Freebets Redeemed £0.00 Channel Internet Total amount paid £20.00 Number of win lines -     Potential Returns £10,639.21

I did something similar but broke it up. I think you pushed it too far with Reading, if not a few others! Obviously I hope you're right. I'd have done 50p myself. 

I did something similar but broke it up. I think you pushed it too far with Reading, if not a few others! Obviously I hope you're right. I'd have done 50p myself. 

Oh well bruv is onny money, £139.21 to VT if it comes in!

Vishnu bless West Ham. Keep it up.

Funny to see if the gloomers who said our DRAW with Fulham would see us down think Wigan, who are still 3 points from us BTW, are also down if they lose to West Ham.