Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We are going to struggle to get to 40 points this season and I thiml we will lose home and away to Utd,City,Arsenal,Chelsea and Spurs. Defensivley we are wide open and will ship an awful lot of goals

I'm worried. Have been for quite some time in fairness. But I really haven't seen much to change my mind. We've largely looked pretty shite all season. The good is noticeably outweighed by the bad, and I don't think we're making any particularly large strides towards improving.

We need to become a far more solid team - at the moment it's difficult to see us not conceding game to game. It's basically a waiting game ever match till we concede. Worse, this appears true whatever the opposition.

40 points wasn't needed last season, 35 will probably be enough to stay up this season as it usually is.

Reading and Norwich are comfortably the two worst teams in the league imo. Not sure who the 3rd relegated team will be, would say Wigan but no doubt they'll suddenly become Barcelona from March onwards.

But them, Southampton, Stoke, Swansea, QPR, West Ham will all be in the mix. As we will be but we'll finish above a fair few of those teams, I'm sure of it. At least we have a goal threat this season.

I'm worried. Have been for quite some time in fairness. But I really haven't seen much to change my mind. We've largely looked pretty shite all season. The good is noticeably outweighed by the bad, and I don't think we're making any particularly large strides towards improving.

We need to become a far more solid team - at the moment it's difficult to see us not conceding game to game. It's basically a waiting game ever match till we concede. Worse, this appears true whatever the opposition.

Laughable really, you seem to have ignored the fact that we don't bend over and take it these days. A goal doesn't automatically mean we'll lose like the last few seasons, that in itself means a lot.

After watching the game today it again confirms what my thinking was since the transfer window closed.

We're going to struggle badly this season again and with all due respect to those who think we've improved i would suggest you take off your claret & blue tinted classes. We still have the problem of no creativity in midfield and no amount of guts and passion is going to make up for that.

Lambert has spent, what, 17m, and still we don't have a number ten to connect midfield to our forward line. He spent 7m on Benteke and to be frank that money has again been wasted when we could have got Berbatov for 5m.

Our defence hasn't really improved either and i am very concerned for the season ahead.

I think we've improved massively.

We're let down by individual errors, and that is a worry, but baring in mind the inexperience then I don't think we're going to get that solved over night.

This team need to be given time, but I think for now we have just enough to avoid relegation. We certainly need to limit these individual errors, but the team is playing generally very well together. Passing it nicely and creating chances. I think we'll go from strength to strength.. and I certainly think there's 3 teams worse than us.

Stay up this season and this will be a good team for future seasons.. we just need to cut out these bloody silly errors.

Berbatov would have joined us because, some fans need to get their head out of their ass if they think such players would join us! It's 6 games, we're heading in the right direction! Derbies are always difficult! Reality check no club has won this derby more than 1 goal in it and that was even the case when we had Saint Martin!

Im worried but to say we've not improved is absolute tosh! Do we concede from set pieces like last season! Played WBA last season they had scored both from corners! We have introduced 6 to 7 new players, it'll take time to gel!

I don't mean we've not improved from last season - in some cases we have, and we're generally a far more positive side.

When I say we're not improving, I mean that the side is not appreciably improving under Lambert from that seasons beginning. You'd think the month and a half we've had might start have developed a bit but we don't really look much better than we did in the seasons opener to me. Even accepting that we've had a number of new players, I'd have expected us to be making some strides to being better. I don't see it, really.

Hopefully it's just a slow development.

Berbatov would have joined us because, some fans need to get their head out of their ass if they think such players would join us! It's 6 games, we're heading in the right direction! Derbies are always difficult! Reality check no club has won this derby more than 1 goal in it and that was even the case when we had Saint Martin!

Yep probably wouldn't have come to teams like Fulham or us.

Well looking at the fixtures it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. Spurs will be absolutely buzzing after beating ManUre then we go to fulham which is a massively difficult place to go. Then the Norwich game is massive for us because novembers fixtures look horrendous - Sunderland ManUre Ci£y and Arse !!

Can't believe some people are already on Lambert's back and preaching doom and gloom. Pathetic. No patience whatsoever. Southampton aside we haven't actually been that bad recently.

Laughable really, you seem to have ignored the fact that we don't bend over and take it these days. A goal doesn't automatically mean we'll lose like the last few seasons, that in itself means a lot.

Exactly. I honestly don't get why people are so quick to jump to negatives on here. It's actually depressing. I am convinced that we could be fighting for the Europe (obviously we won't be this season) and people would still find things to moan about.

At last its entertaining to watch Villa - this derby today was one of the better games of football that I can remember - end to end, both teams playing good football. Derbies are awlays tough but we're slowly making progress - we have the right manager and are playing the right way -i.e passing game, keep ball and attacking football.

Its refreshing to have PL as our manager - and althouhg the table doesnt look great at the moment, we have beaten Man City away in the cup and drew in a derby. We could have won today - their keeper produced a couple of top drawer saves.

We have a manager who tries to win each and every game we partake in - that is simply refreshing from the utter shite we have had to put up with for the last couple of years. PL is still trying to find his team and is gradually getting our players to play great football. Given time I am confident he will get there. There'll be ups and downs (much like this week) but in a season of transition im confident we're heading in the right way.

I like Paul Lambert and out of all the candidates available he was not far from the best we could have got (without me naming any other ones).

However, the start to this season has been pretty lacklustre and we rank amongst the 5-6 team to go down this season.

After watching the game today it again confirms what my thinking was since the transfer window closed.

We're going to struggle badly this season again and with all due respect to those who think we've improved i would suggest you take off your claret & blue tinted classes. We still have the problem of no creativity in midfield and no amount of guts and passion is going to make up for that.

Lambert has spent, what, 17m, and still we don't have a number ten to connect midfield to our forward line. He spent 7m on Benteke and to be frank that money has again been wasted when we could have got Berbatov for 5m.

Our defence hasn't really improved either and i am very concerned for the season ahead.

I think you support the wrong team TBH. All you ever do is post negativity. You'd be better off with City or Chelsea if you want to see world class players week in week out.

If you can't see the improvement under Lambert then you're either blind, trolling or have never seen footy before.

We had something like 16 chances today. How is that not creative?

I still like Lambert, was my first choice (although I didn't, and don't, think he's as good as many did. I'd have been happier if he had had another seasons experience of the league and proven his mettle a little more), and I actually think today was a decent result. I expected a loss.

I'm just not convinced about us as a side. I think we're destined to struggle till seasons end. I think Lambert will make mistakes, and the side is for various reasons weak (which will exacerbate the mistakes Lambert will make)... It's going to be a long season all in all.

I think we've improved massively.

Im looking for Lambert to do the type of job at villa that Moyes as done at Everton. It won't happen overnight - we don't have the funds for players or wages (Berbatov is reportedly £100k a week at Fulham). We have a group of younger players who can improve this club - and improve themselves. At the prices we have paid - we can easily recoup the amounts should the players not develop.

Forget about Man City, Chelski - we barley have the budget of Fulham, QPR or even reading. The Everton\Moyes model really is the only way forward for a club like ours -. I think Lambert is the right manager for us - give him time - I am sure he will deliver.