Arsenal

Spurs

And us vs Wigan  :mellow:

On that basis we should be ok now.

I agree, there aren't many better cushions that I can think of than:

Arsenal v Wigan

Tottenham v Sunderland

Wigan v ASTON VILLA

The two poorest teams in the line up above are Wigan and Sunderland so I am very confident.

I hope clarke drums this into his players on saturday. It worries me a bit that he actually has to comment on it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/clarke-wants-villa-to-stay-up-29235935.html

Feckn knew this was shit at the time. I really hope we get a chance to relegate them and him over the next couple of years. Was a disgrace today and shouldn't be forgotten.

Sunderland are capable of getting a point against spurs, that would out them above us providing we lost to wigan.

Let's hope it doesn't get that far and this nightmare is put to bed on Tuesday night!

And Villa are more than capable of getting a point at Wigan.

I feel sick thinking bout the arsenal game I just want the game to be on now not in 2 days time

I just want Arsenal to score lots of goals early. If its 0-0 after 60 I will soil myself.

Maaaaan I'm starting to think wrong ! What if Spurs found themselves outside the champions league spot .. and throw Sunderland result to get Benteke from us easier ?!!!

I really really hope that Arsenal wins this Tuesday .. Looking at it everytime makes me more nervous !!

If Spurs find themselves out of Champions League spot it meant Arsenal won and we are safe anyway ;)

I personally never have & never will back money against my teams misfortune. I'd just feel like Judas Iscariot & would probably hang myself off a tree! (Yippee I hear you all say! :) )

However, to try & be fair to those who do feel comfortable with this I would say that just because you pay say £150 housing Insurance that certainly doesn't mean that you want your property to burn down to the ground does it?

The best insurance policy for us though is to just simply not lose next week if that is ultimately what fate decrees that we have to do.

we have to learn to deal with our own destiny.

We need to concentrate of getting something from the Wigan game....and too be honest that should ALWAYS be the mentality.

Irrespective of what happens Tuesday night, Wigan have to score against us.... we don't have to score another goal to get over the line.

To be honest and brutal, if we can't do that we don't deserve to stay up.

we have to learn to deal with our own destiny.

We need to concentrate of getting something from the Wigan game....and too be honest that should ALWAYS be the mentality.

Irrespective of what happens Tuesday night, Wigan have to score against us.... we don't have to score another goal to get over the line.

To be honest and brutal, if we can't do that we don't deserve to stay up.

Completely agree. From the Chelsea game to the Wigan game we have 8 days to prepare for the game. If we cannot beat or draw against Wigan then we don't deserve to stay up. Just tense times as it's still a possibility we can go down.

I said a few weeks ago that if we deserve to stay up we will and imo we absolutely do, beaten absolutely everyone around us these past few weeks and even had the mighty newcastle who are apparently bigger than all of us sweating right up until the 37th game..