Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We're not safe til we're mathematically safe. It's that simple. If we lose tomorrow then the only way we're going to be factually safe is if Wigan lose or draw to Arsenal on Tuesday.

A Wigan win and we all shit ourselves again.

...and it's that simple. 

what we need a result tomorrow to not care anymore and it's a **** tough ask because they need the points to guarantee CL football next year.

Tottenham set us up a couple of weeks back by beating Man City 3-1 so that we had to go to Mould Trafford & try & stop them winning the league. Now this week they have drawn with Chelski 2-2 & set us up again.

Now they expect us to do them a favour by turning them over for them at VP tomorrow.

Cheeky or what?

I'm sick to death of all these piss takers.

Best part of it  is though is that no team have tried harder than scumbags Chelsea this season to try & get us relegated by walloping us at Stamford Bridge & then rolling over lamely for practically every other single one of all those crap teams that have been in & around us this season.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would "love it, just love it!" if we could completely knacker up their Champions League qualification bid for next season by somehow beating them tomorrow at VP because that my friends would be poetic justice & pay back bigtime!

• Like 1

Surely Norwich Newcastle and Sunderland won't all win tomorrow

Will they ?

Even if they all do (which is highly unlikely), that means Southampton won't, since they play Sunderland.

Tottenham set us up a couple of weeks back by beating Man City 3-1 so that we had to go to Mould Trafford & try & stop them winning the league. Now this week they have drawn with Chelski 2-2 & set us up again.

Now they expect us to do them a favour by turning them over for them at VP tomorrow.

Cheeky or what?

I'm sick to death of all these piss takers.

Best part of it is though is that no team have tried harder than scumbags Chelsea this season to try & get us relegated by walloping us at Stamford Bridge & then rolling over lamely for practically every other single one of all those crap teams that have been in & around us this season.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would "love it, just love it!" if we could completely knacker up their Champions League qualification bid for next season by somehow beating them tomorrow at VP because that my friends would be poetic justice & pay back bigtime!

I hope this is at least a bit sarcastic. If not, you have some serious perspective and narcissism issues.

Will they ?

Even if they all do (which is highly unlikely), that means Southampton won't, since they play Sunderland.

Doesn't matter too much for Soton cos then they play Stoke at home which should give them the 3 points they need for safety.

Will they ?

Doesn't matter too much for Soton cos then they play Stoke at home which should give them the 3 points they need for safety.

Frankly I think they'll get the three points they need for safety against Sunderland this weekend. That's one reason I said it was highly unlikely the three teams listed above would win. I also think Norwich will only get a draw.

Will they ?

So pretty much accepted fact that everyone will get the exact amount of points they need to put us down, regardless of form etc?

• Like 1

Yeah I think there's a pretty good chance we will finish 17th to be honest. I believe Southampton, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich may grab what they need to sneak above us to end the season.

The Arsenal Wigan game will almost certainly be our saviour though.

From our point of view I think taking 6 points from the last two disappeared us over the hill away from Wigan just in time, just when they were banking on us slipping up in one of those games and them forcing it to the last day.

Yeah I think there's a pretty good chance we will finish 17th to be honest. I believe Southampton, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich may grab what they need to sneak above us to end the season.

The Arsenal Wigan game will almost certainly be our saviour though.

From our point of view I think taking 6 points from the last two disappeared us over the hill away from Wigan just in time, just when they were banking on us slipping up in one of those games and them forcing it to the last day.

I think there is every chance that Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan will get no further points between them this season

When did Wigan become Bayern Munich - they looked awful against a very lack-lustre Swansea on Tuesday.

It's all about confidence for Wigan if they somehow manage to beat City today and win the cup it's not beyond the realms of possibility they could beat Le Arse. Today is important for us who are playing with confidence get the 3 points to send Stan off on his new journey. Impress 42000 fans that next year we have what it takes against any team and put everyone in a fantastic mood for the summer. Record Season Ticket Sales and a party next week at Wigan.

• Like 2

I dont like it that there are only 2 games to go and we are STILL not safe.

Please Paul can we get the points we need before the end of the term next season ?

been the same the last two seasons though

I dont like it that there are only 2 games to go and we are STILL not safe.

Please Paul can we get the points we need before the end of the term next season ?

been the same the last two seasons though

Not really under Houllier. We had a bad run over Christmas and moved down to equal 17th but then signed Bent in Jan and moved up the table finishing 9th.