Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

But we have to at least consider these things... I can't not think about it. It plagues my working day.

It's like reading a good book and you just cannot wait to find out the ending. I literally think about nothing else...

But we have to at least consider these things... I can't not think about it. It plagues my working day.

It's like reading a good book and you just cannot wait to find out the ending. I literally think about nothing else...

There's considering it and there's flat out stating we ARE going to lose.

Edited by StefanAVFC

a point against chelsea will be good enough to clinch it. a win and we can think about finishing mid table :)

too many people counting chickens in this thread since we beat norwich and wigan lost. wigan could turn arsenal over and we coudl get pounded by chelsea whilst sunderland, norwich and newcastle all win. not saying it will happen but people asking for the thread to be locked are a little premature ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, basically Wigan have to win. I actually think a draw for Wigan could be quite fun. Keeps them in distance of any team on 38/39 who doesn't win at the weekend for the Villa game. We can then send them down good and proper 8)

Tayls?...................you know that good book you were reading that you can't wait to find out how it all ends?

Well, I've just torn out the last page! :P

Wigan have no defence left ,they lost another player against Swansea and the goals they conceded where very poor.The win against WBA could easily have gone the other way too with the chances WBA had ,I just can't see them beating an Arsenal team who I belive are top of the form table.

The players looked they they had been relegated they way they responded at the final whistle Tuesday , I expect Man City to take them to the cleaners in the final too just to destroy their confidence even more.

Wigan have no defence left ,they lost another player against Swansea and the goals they conceded where very poor.The win against WBA could easily have gone the other way too with the chances WBA had ,I just can't see them beating an Arsenal team who I belive are top of the form table.

The players looked they they had been relegated they way they responded at the final whistle Tuesday , I expect Man City to take them to the cleaners in the final too just to destroy their confidence even more.

Exactly, the look on Wigan players' faces showed that they knew that game against Swnsea was their last chance of pulling another "great escape" and that they'd blown it.

Tayls?...................you know that good book you were reading that you can't wait to find out how it all ends?

Well, I've just torn out the last page! :P

:( is that because it ends badly?

It's not just Wigan's game with Arsenal that we need to look out for.

If Newcastle and Norwich both fail to win this weekend, then they've both got less points than us with very very difficult finally games. Should Wigan win at Arsenal on Tuesday, it spells more danger for those clubs than it does for ourselves.

Don't fancy Norwich getting another point, and Newcastle, you never know they may fall foul of a "liberated" QPR.

Hi

I'm another long time visitor/reader of this forum and I just wish I could be as certain as most of you on here that we will survive. I've always thought that if it came down to the last game where Wigan had a chance to move above Villa the pressure would get to our kids and we'd lose. Unfortunately even with this great run and Tuesday's result, it is still possible to be relegated, even if we manage to draw with Chelski.

I think that most on here would agree that the following results have a high probabilty of occurring especially if Villa fail to get a point against Chelski (again a high probablity). This would give them all an added motivation that a win puts them above us.

Norwich beat WBA - afterall they know they will be unlikely to get anything at Man City, plus the Boggies appear to be on their holidays already.

Sunderland beat Southampton - again they know it's unlikely they will get anything at Tottenham although Southampton will make it very hard for them.

Newcastle beat QPR - yes I know they struggle in London but it's an easier game than Arsenal.

If these three results happen they all move above Villa and leave only Southampton and Wigan below us.

Now we come to the huge game of Wigan at Arsenal. If the above does happen, Wigan will know that they have their fate in their own hands as 2 wins equals survival. Yes a Wigan victory at Arsenal is unlikely but unfortunately not impossible. They did it last year so they know it can be done plus anything but a win will mean relegation. Also earlier this year, when going for their last possible trophy this season, Arsenal lost at home to a mediocre Blackburn, so they have form in performing badly at home.

If the improbable does happen then the table could look like this going into Sunday:

Villa          40

Soton        39

Wigan       38

With Southampton at home to Stoke and a better GD again it's highly probably that they would get the win to finish above us.

This leaves a straight fight between the two of us which I hoped we'd avoid as I said I don't fancy our chances in a one off do or die match.

For me, of the 5 games that matter in round 37 only one game is unlikely to happen and that doesn't fill me with the confidence that we're safe.

Of course all this worry and predictions of doom can be wiped away with a win on Saturday and I will be there cheering them on. I think we have a chance of the win, hopefully more than Wigan do at Arsenal.

Apologies for bringing my pessimism to the forum but until the maths say we're safe, I won't be convinced or happy.

Welcome.

You can't be a true pessimist until you have had it confirmed on VT so enjoy yourself while you can!

:D