Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I want Wigan to go down because of their small fan base.

Don't like that attitude.

I would have thought it's because they have a manager who's taking a British managerial job off the table....

We should be ok, but if we lose on Saturday and the teams below us pick up results on Sunday, than the Arsenal - Wigan game could be a nervy 90 minutes.

Edited by vivahate

To say 9th is meaningless .. it isnt accurate .. it would be even when we were shit .. we just been once out of the top ten recently ..

Some of us have a bet on a top half Villa finish! Don't rid of me of that!

10th would count no?

To say 9th is meaningless .. it isnt accurate .. it would be even when we were shit .. we just been once out of the top ten recently ..

Some of us have a bet on a top half Villa finish! Don't rid of me of that!

10th would count no?

Indeed it would :)

The thing that razzes me about Wigan is their awful away following. 

They surely must have an ultra fan base. If not, some devoted fans like maybe 1,000.

But they end up, more often than not, taking about 100 fans to away games That are further than Old trafford

Why are some people saying they hope Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland, etc. are relegated? This would almost certainly involve something bad for us:

if we fail to beat Chelsea, Wigan staying up would at best mean Wigan beating Arsenal and thus causing us relegation stress until beating Wigan on the final day (but them still staying up on goal difference); it would most likely mean Wigan taking points off us.

Even if we beat Chelsea (meaning we are safe), Wigan surviving would still very probably mean them beating us.

The only "Newcastle/Norwich/Sunderland are relegated" scenario we can actually wish for is:

* Villa beat Chelsea (we are finally mathematically safe).

* Wigan win at Arsenal (makes no difference to us any more)

* Villa win at Wigan, but Wigan survive on goal difference ahead of, say, Newcastle (preferably with Arsenal's fifth goal in the 94th minute sending Newcastle down despite Villa doing everything they could for them with a thumping win at Wigan: thus Geordies weep, Villa fans are quietly satisfied with their respectable 10th place finish at the end of a traumatic season, while plucky little Wigan wildly celebrate their 6-0 defeat).

Now that would be an enjoyable scenario. But it's an extremely unlikely one (even without the big scores).

Given that we should basically always want Villa to win, and by as many goals as possible, it's now hard to reconcile that with wanting any team other than Wigan to go down.

If Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland lose this weekend, then they are most likely in a relegation fight so how does that involve us exactly? Wigan can lose or draw at Arsenal but then beat us by a scoreline to stay up.

If Norwich are in it on last day I think they are sinking as City away and Wigan willl probably sneak past us. though id be loathe to have Whelan have a lap of honour at our expense

Having seen Wigan's "defending"(sic) last night, I can't see them stopping our strike force. If we go there in no danger of going down and are therefore allowed to play with the freedom of guaranteed survival then I can see us battering them :)

If Norwich are in it on last day I think they are sinking as City away and Wigan willl probably sneak past us. though id be loathe to have Whelan have a lap of honour at our expense

With our form and our record at the DW I can't understand why so many people seem to think Wigan will win the game.

Why do people think Wigan will beat a team top of the form guide table & gunning for CL football?

Why then if that happens do they think we will not pick up another point yet all the teams below us will? Its nonsense. It just wont happen.

Even then on the last day of the season I don't see why, on the evidence since February, Wigan will beat us.

Not sure what the obsession with seeing Newcastle relegated is. Surely they bring more to the league than a rugby club with 10k fans and a rent-a-kit stadium. It was the funny the first time of course, but apart from that I don't get it.

I'd like to see Newcastle go down purely because they have some decent players  that I'd  like us to sign

see that's a fair enough reason.

With our form and our record at the DW I can't understand why so many people seem to think Wigan will win the game.

BECAUSE THEY BEAT US AT HOME THATS WHY!

It's turning into a merry jamboree of delight at who might go down.  As soon as our salvation is mathematically assured, I shall squeal with delight at the prospect of any of the following happening...

• Wigan down and that gobshite Whelan can f**k off forever (all the sweeter if we're the ones to f**k him off on the last day)
  • Norwich down and the wonderous mental image of Wiz weeping into his mustard supper
  • Newcastle down and the few 'actual-decent' and not just 'computer-game-decent' Froggies they have leaping to the first Premiership lily pad that drifts by
  • Sunderland down and Di Nazio fuming into his affogato at the memory of the ass-whooping we served up on his way to oblivion
It's like some glorious raffle of schadenfreude, and I have every ticket stub.

I'd like a merry jamboree of delight or a glorious raffle of schadenfreude. Both sound fantastic :)
  • Like 1

It's turning into a merry jamboree of delight at who might go down.  As soon as our salvation is mathematically assured, I shall squeal with delight at the prospect of any of the following happening...

• Wigan down and that gobshite Whelan can f**k off forever (all the sweeter if we're the ones to f**k him off on the last day)
  • Norwich down and the wonderous mental image of Wiz weeping into his mustard supper
  • Newcastle down and the few 'actual-decent' and not just 'computer-game-decent' Froggies they have leaping to the first Premiership lily pad that drifts by
  • Sunderland down and Di Nazio fuming into his affogato at the memory of the ass-whooping we served up on his way to oblivion

It's like some glorious raffle of schadenfreude, and I have every ticket stub.

Every stub but mine! ;)

Come on now

tumblr_lkozdjX2iq1qjpza4o1_400.gif

:)

When Wigan beat us, it was part of the lowest point of the season. We weren't five wins in eight then.

We're playing with more experience and confidence now.

Although this doesn't guarantee a victory (Nothing does) I think it does equal a firmer belief in that outcome.

Come on now

tumblr_lkozdjX2iq1qjpza4o1_400.gif

:)

When Wigan beat us, it was part of the lowest point of the season. We weren't five wins in eight then.

We're playing with more experience and confidence now.

Although this doesn't guarantee a victory (Nothing does) I think it does equal a firmer belief in that outcome.

Look at our away record, since the turn of the year. Only lost at United and Emirates.

No need to shout.

They usually win at Villa Park but then we usually win at the DW. They've only beaten us once there, the first season they came up,  while we've only beaten them once at Villa Park