Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Off to the bookies tomorrow to collect my winnings/losings. Had a couple of quid each on Swansea, Reading & Southampton to go down. I placed the bet in August. Mathematically the saints could still go down but I doubt it.

Anyone else put their money where their mouth is & have a flutter on QPR & Reading & find yourself now waiting/sweating on one other team so that you can confidently say that you have `licked up the bookies?` 

Or are you predominantly a loser just lime me because let's face it 1out of 3 ain't good! :angry::):(:P

Off to the bookies tomorrow to collect my winnings/losings. Had a couple of quid each on Swansea, Reading & Southampton to go down. I placed the bet in August. Mathematically the saints could still go down but I doubt it.

Anyone else put their money where their mouth is & have a flutter on QPR & Reading & find yourself now waiting/sweating on one other team so that you can confidently say that you have `licked up the bookies?` 

Or are you predominantly a loser just like me because let's face it 1out of 3 ain't good! :angry::):(:P

after weekend I believe Newcastle are in big trouble. West Ham be fired up with their Newcastle connections and Arsenal fighting Champions LEague spot on last day. The game vs QPR in between will be an awful nervous game for them

If I'm totally honest, I've kind of given up on hoping we get ourselves out of trouble.

I genuinely think the time will come (probably Tuesday) when Villa fans will have to become fans of whichever club Wigan are playing. We're that bad.

Off to the bookies tomorrow to collect my winnings/losings. Had a couple of quid each on Swansea, Reading & Southampton to go down. I placed the bet in August. Mathematically the saints could still go down but I doubt it. Anyone else put their money where their mouth is & have a flutter on QPR & Reading & find yourself now waiting/sweating on one other team so that you can confidently say that you have `licked up the bookies?`  Or are you predominantly a loser just lime me because let's face it 1out of 3 ain't good! :angry::):(:P

Meat Loaf will be spinning in his grave. If indeed he's dead, and has room to spin.

Guys, stop citing CHelsea's 3 games in a week as a reason we might get something.

Last time we played them they had 3 games in a week, including games on the other side of the world, and they bent us over and made us see God.

We might get something from the game, but it won't be because of that.

after weekend I believe Newcastle are in big trouble. West Ham be fired up with their Newcastle connections and Arsenal fighting Champions LEague spot on last day. The game vs QPR in between will be an awful nervous game for them

yep I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt get another point all season.

Positives and negatives for me and it still leaves me unsure of what the future can hold under Lambert. I really hoped that by this point I'd be well convinced that Lambert would be the right man for us.

That's a fair enough assessment I think - I'm a bit more positive on him than you are I suspect and for me there are two reasons for persisting - firstly, we need to build some sort of stability and I certainly don't think he's harmful in the same way as the previous manager, and secondly for McLeish, my feeling is that the first half of his season wasn't bad and the second half got worse whereas for Lambert, it feels like we've improved in the second half of the season - in my head, that forms a big curve with the current end pointing upwards - it might not actually be true, I haven't checked whether it stacks up in terms of the stats, but it's how it seems to me.

It'd be a lot easier to have faith in having the right man if we had another three or four points though - these are fine margins and I suspect they're gong to be very important.

2011-2013_zps5cb694b6.jpg

Here to help - You're spot on with your assessment

PS this chart is a big hit with some of our friends here especially Morpheus and BJ10 - hard to argue with the facts though isn't it.

Wigan - Spurs. Told you so :-/ Could've been worse but could've been better. Now to take care of bi'ness.

Sunderland's derby game was a one-off and suddenly it doesn't look so impressive now Newcastle have been slaughtered over the weekend. Their result against Everton was a good one but two half decent performances don't mean that they've turned the corner. We've improved this year and I can see us bringing Sunderland down with a bump tonight.

I also think we can beat Norwich and take something from the Chelsea game, leaving the drop between Wigan, Norwich and Newcastle

Edited by VillaCas

Positives and negatives for me and it still leaves me unsure of what the future can hold under Lambert. I really hoped that by this point I'd be well convinced that Lambert would be the right man for us.

That's a fair enough assessment I think - I'm a bit more positive on him than you are I suspect and for me there are two reasons for persisting - firstly, we need to build some sort of stability and I certainly don't think he's harmful in the same way as the previous manager, and secondly for McLeish, my feeling is that the first half of his season wasn't bad and the second half got worse whereas for Lambert, it feels like we've improved in the second half of the season - in my head, that forms a big curve with the current end pointing upwards - it might not actually be true, I haven't checked whether it stacks up in terms of the stats, but it's how it seems to me.

It'd be a lot easier to have faith in having the right man if we had another three or four points though - these are fine margins and I suspect they're gong to be very important.

2011-2013_zps5cb694b6.jpg

Here to help - You're spot on with your assessment

PS this chart is a big hit with some of our friends here especially Morpheus and BJ10 - hard to argue with the facts though isn't it.

Hmmm. This just shows that you can play around with graphs to present a distorted view of the real world. The reality is that, match for match, Lambert has achieved roughly the same level of performance as McLeish. The way that graph is presented blatantly and crudely seeks to present a different impression and is technically questionable because the averaging for this season is split into two parts to overaggerate periods of "progress" under Lambert.

It doesn't present the "facts", it portrays them in a particular spin. Different presentations would show a different story.

• Like 1

Wigan - Spurs. Told you so :-/ Could've been worse but could've been better. Now to take care of bi'ness.

Wigans point at weekend doesnt really make a difference to the grand scheme of things.  3 points would have.

Wigans point at weekend doesnt really make a difference to the grand scheme of things.  3 points would have.

I just said I could see Wigan getting something from the game and then being told by many that they wouldn't. Never ignore the spidey sense when it tingles, for it is a sense currently unexplainable by science...