Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Although we only got a point, Norwich and QPR lost and if both Stoke and Sunderland lose tomorrow it will be a good point. Wigan's games in hand are Man City (a) and Swansea (h) so hopefully they will only get 1 point MAX from those. Didn't expect us to win today as heaven forbid we'd make this relegation fight easy for us.

Although we only got a point, Norwich and QPR lost and if both Stoke and Sunderland lose tomorrow it will be a good point.

'kin hell that sounds half sensible! completely agree, on paper its not a great result today (its not a shocker either despite what some will say) but in the context of what our rivals do it could be a good point

beat sunderland and dont lose to wigan and i think we are safe, would prefer to go to wigan on a jolly though

Well thats just what i thought it would be today.. a draw... Certainly better than a loss & it could end up as a crucial point come the end.... Always thought it would be difficult to beat Fulham especially as they lost last time out against Newcastle... Once again shocking finishing has cost us.

Bent couldnt do much. He thrives on crosses and we took off our widemen (Wiemann and Charles) and brought on CM's and played narrow (Sylla and Holman).

Not great tactics.

if stoke at manchester tomorrow, this is a good result.

I am more worried by the performance of our strikers - they all looked poor today......including Bent when he came on

It's bound to happen, having the odd off game, I am not too worried about this. I am more worried about the fact we shoot ourselves in the foot too often. 

Today, Fulham did not deserve a point, we should have had them 3-0 down before they even had their shot hit the post. Once again we were slack and an OG cost us (it was either going to be that, a Pen or another soft error)

We need 4 points from our games, just hope we can get them,

We are 3 in front of Sunderland. 1 Behind Norwich and level with Stoke. Stoke and Sunderland lose. We play Sunderland to put them away and we also play Norwich and their goal difference is only 3 better than ours. 2-0 and we go past them. Getting really interesting and tense! Stoke Also play Norwich in a few weeks.

Edited by KSV

Bent couldnt do much. He thrives on crosses and we took off our widemen (Wiemann and Charles) and brought on CM's and played narrow (Sylla and Holman).

Not great tactics.

Which is why there is no point playing Bent, he should fit the team, not the team having to fit him. If he can only score through one way of play, he is of no use!

screenshot20130413at170.png

It is going to be 35 and 36 that decides relegation. Villa, Norwich, Sunderland and Stoke...none of those four play anyone apart from each other! If we can get 4 points from those two games, I think we will be safe.

• Like 1

had a feeling it would be a draw, we deserved to win though, certainly created enough good positive positions in which to score from. that's all positive even if today we didn't manage to get 3 points today. 

no reason we can't get a point at united, not going to bet on it mind but we could get something there. we just need one of stoke or sunderland to continue being awfull and wigan to run out of steam to be comfortable. one win and a draw should be enough i think.

Not great tactics.

Which is why there is no point playing Bent, he should fit the team, not the team having to fit him. If he can only score through one way of play, he is of no use!

I agree when it comes to the starting line up. However.. when it doesnt work.. and you want to make a change its good to change the system and try something else. BRing on Dawkins and leave Zoggy on to put some decent crosses in for Bent and Benteke. Instead we were too narrow and our fullbacks were crossing from the half way line. Brede ate them for breakfast.

so we need a Newcastle and a Man Utd win tomorrow and a Man City win midweek.

Followed by home wins for QPR and West Ham, coupled with away wins for Reading and Everton next weekend

TBH the only result i see as very unlikely is Reading winning as Norwich, which is all honesty would be considered the least important of those results.it would see us in the exact same position as it stands now with 4 games to go after we lose to Man Utd. Hence making the Man Utd game effectively a free one anyway.

guess it underline the frustration at blowing a game we really should have won on the performance today,

the week after is crunch time with us playing Sunderland, Stoke Playing Norwich, and of much lesser importance QPR playing Reading

The week we play Chelsea, Wigan have to go to Arsenal, Stoke have Spurs at home,

So all in all I think if we beat Sunderland and get something from Norwich it will be enough, draw with sunderland it's all up for grabs and I think we would then need to beat Norwich, but we just can't afford to lose that game against Sunderland in my opinion.