Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

For the first time in aaaaaaaaaaaages I actually feel like we can stay up after that result today. They are showing a lot of fight and if we can just keep it together at the back we've got enough going forward to win games. 

Missed the game. Great result. Two more wins please.

We are first up on motd mate. Im sure you have already guessed from the boards, but our second makes it a must watch.

I haven't really been paying much attention to Stoke this season so I confess it took me by surprise how utterly woefully they are playing if today's game is anything to go by. Completely disorganised in defence (except I suppose they did manage to keep Benteke quiet for 89 minutes), no creativity in midfield and timid in front of goal. They must be quite a strong bet to end up in the bottom 3. Looking at their fixtures, there are no easy points except perhaps Norwich at home. They seem to have no confidence and no fight in the side and it's hard to see how that gets turned round. They must be at serious risk of sinking into relegation.

What gives me confidence is that since that dreadful Newcastle game in late January we've won pretty much every single one of our winnable games. West Ham, Reading and QPR were all games where we would need to pick up 3 points and we did. I only expected a point at Stoke and a defeat at Everton so to pick up three extra points in those two fixtures is a bonus as well.

Since Newcastle we've only lost against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal.

Our game against Fulham will show whether it is dramatic improvement or just playing against some very poor teams?

It's an improvement regardless of what happens against Fulham.

I'm not saying we're any good, but we weren't beating those poor teams earlier in the season.

I just did the BBC Predictor with us winning 4 out of 5, losing only to Man Utd and pulling a shock win over Chelsea along with beating Fulham, Sunderland and Norwich.

We finished 10th.. one can wish..

I get the feeling that the team that finishes 3rd from bottom might need 39/40 points. 

No chance. Sunderland won't pick up 8 more points from their remaining fixtures, which they'd need to do to hit 39

Chelsea (A)

Newcastle (A)

Everton (H)

Villa (A)

Stoke (H)

Southampton (H)

Spurs (A)

5 points and I'm being generous. Would of taken 4 points from the Stoke and Fulham games, so with 3 so far we can now get all 6, probably get 4 though now.