Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think the key to staying up is the next 2 rounds of fixtures. Both QPR and Wigan have very winnable games and if they both get 4 points each and we get 0 points then we're back to where we were and the chances of going down fairly high.

If we all win 1 game and lose 1 in our next 2 games then dare I say it, but I think we will be safe.

Exciting times... I have faith in Lambert though (even if we do go down).

We'll stay up. Pressure is on Wigan now to win those game's in hand.

Would be shame to happen to a nice man like Mr Whelan. 

Mr Who? I've never heard of him.

Perhaps if he put himself into the spotlight a bit more and did more interviews I'd know who he was...

• Like 3

Sunderland, 1 point from their last 5 league games.

6 games ago I said they were safe. Long may their decline continue.

Changes all the time, look back a few pages and a hell of a lot of villa fans saying we wouldn't even win another game this season.

It's why knee jerk reactions from fans should 100% of the time be ignored.

Thing is, a couple of months ago it didn't look like we'd win anymore games. We were absolutely lost for about a month after that Liverpool win. Thankfully they seem to have got it together.

If we can beat one of Liverpool or Stoke in our next two games I think we will be safe.

Bearing in mind we still have Sunderland and Fulham to play at home, I think we can get the points we need. 

A win over Liverpool would be just dandy. (Can't see it though)

Edited by Delphinho123

Changed my vote to no.  

I know the two wins were against the two worst sides in the league, but they showed two things we have lacked all season.  Nerve and fight.  Add that together with the relatively good performances over the last month and a half, and it makes me feel pretty good about our position.

Now about the summer.........

Come on Norwich and Newcastle today!!

Apart from Gerrard, Suarez, Reina, Enrique, Johnson, Downing and Sturridge, there is no reason why we can't get something out of the Liverpool game.

Like someone said the next 2 PL matchdays could be quite telling.

If after the Stoke game we're up to say...

34 points - I rather think that would see us finish in that big clutch of lower mid table sides. 

33 points - in a very decent position.

32 points - surely safe with 5 winnable games still left.

Less than 32 points - possibly right back in the mire with Wigan and QPR having closed the gap again.

It's Sunday and my brain isn't really functioning but if man u and man city win their next 3 games, can man u then all but secure their title against us with their greater goal difference?

We usually write this game off anyway but I'm hoping they secure the title before they play us.

In fairness any team from 11th downwards can drop with the right set of results, it is not just the bottom four now, even stoke are on a bad run and can be pulled into it. long way to go yet but it looks a hell of a lot better now.

Stoke and Sunderland are on awful runs at the wrong time in the season, you could even throw Norwich into that depending n what happens today.

my vote stays as unsure, if we get a half decent run of form together and average a point a game from now on then we finish on 38 points and we're safe. 

the problem is though that wigan and qpr both have good fixtures where they can get points. reading have had it, but if sunderland and southampton pick up a few wins and qpr and wigan get on a run we will struggle unless we can do better than a point a game, which is something we haven't managed over the last 30 games.

i'd say it's probably more likely that qpr AND wigan won't manage to both hit the form required to put us back in the shit. much more likely however is that southampton will. which would leave us needing sunderland to **** it up royally. so many different permutations possible at this point that it's hard to call either way. if we can get 4 points from our next 2 games though, i'm pretty sure i'll be changing my vote back to no :)

I think the key to staying up is the next 2 rounds of fixtures. Both QPR and Wigan have very winnable games and if they both get 4 points each and we get 0 points then we're back to where we were and the chances of going down fairly high.

If we all win 1 game and lose 1 in our next 2 games then dare I say it, but I think we will be safe.

Exciting times... I have faith in Lambert though (even if we do go down).

Wigan play QPR in the next couple of games so one or both of them will drop points.