Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Lets assume we win both games and we are on 30 points with 8 games to go. We still have to play Fulham and Sunderland at home, lets say we go onto win both of those games, that will put us on 36, and say we get a draw at Stoke/wigan and possibly Norwich.. That will put us on 38/39, is that enough points?

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Lets assume we win both games and we are on 30 points with 8 games to go. We still have to play Fulham and Sunderland at home, lets say we go onto win both of those games, that will put is on 36, and say we get a draw at Stoke/wigan and possibly Norwich.. That will put us on 38/39, is that enough points?

Without boring everyone in discussing how likely or unlikely it was, I think most of us would take the above scenario at this time.

It's time for the experienced players to stand up and be counted and quite frankly anyone over 23 (you are no longer a kid !).

Gabby is due a big game as is Vlaar our supposed captain and leader. Hope Zog still has the bit between his teeth .

Paul Lambert insists that losing the next 2 games won't mean we are down...hmmm.

He is technically right of course, because there are still 30 points to play for ( and oops he has to help sell tickets)

but there are such things as indicators and signs..i.e red sky at night shepherds delight, red sky in the morning shepherds warning , christ even the most unpredictable subject has indicators.

There are still lots of points to play for, but no signs of a win anywhere.

He says you can play well and lose and play poorly and win....football works in funny ways, he says. The only thing funny( strange) in football for me is getting paid huge sums for failure....Thats what I would call funny.

back to the team,We simply, don't seem to have a scoobie doo, how to win a game. 

The writing has been on the wall for such a long time in my view, so it should be no surprise to the club at all.

They are just drifting in to this with head firmly shoved in to the sand....or conversely a plethora of poor decisions.

Ps watch them go and prove me wrong....fingers, legs, arms crossed.

Edited by TRO

If we can beat QPR, Sunderland and Norwich/Wigan then I think we will stay up.

8 more points will keep us up, so if we can beat QPR next week we'll be looking pretty good, as we'll have Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan as opportunities to pick up either 2 wins or 1 win and 2 draws.

obviously, though, a win or 2 more than that would be lovely - but it's probably unrealisitc

Edited by P3te

Momentum is hugely important and we played well against City and Won today, start well at QPR and we will have the confidence to really get at them. We have gave ourselves a real chance lets pray we don't undo all that hard work.