Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Still think it will be Wigan, the GD will do us. I will be there. But they will raise our hopes !  Its the Villa.

This lot have all the hallmarks of 86-87, This lot, nice lads, not good enough. Last time we had some names, but were crap.

always remember. we are Aston Villa.

Listening to Mr Dougan from the Villa PR department on Radio WM before the match was classic stuff.

It seems we are building for the future, and have been unlucky with injuries. If only Petrov was OK.

If only we stay positive, everything will be fine.........Classic signs of denial all round.

Someone needs to tell them just because we drew 2-2 with Man Utd, three years ago,

and beat Liverpool this season, we dont have a host of worldbeaters on our books.

My impression is that they have massively inflated the quality of our youth system. 

Mr Lerner and his cohorts are sleepwalking us into the Championship, and possibly League 1.

Listening to Mr Dougan from the Villa PR department on Radio WM before the match was classic stuff.

It seems we are building for the future, and have been unlucky with injuries. If only Petrov was OK.

If only we stay positive, everything will be fine.........Classic signs of denial all round.

Someone needs to tell them just because we drew 2-2 with Man Utd, three years ago,

and beat Liverpool this season, we dont have a host of worldbeaters on our books.

My impression is that they have massively inflated the quality of our youth system. 

Mr Lerner and his cohorts are sleepwalking us into the Championship, and possibly League 1.

agree BG. Lerner has no concept of what is required at the club, none at all.

Lambert will be joining a very special group of managers that have inflicted that ignominy on this great club, but I suppose some will still claim him to be a visionary, a great manager, a leader of men etc

Very difficult to reverse the trend. Although I think some quirk of fate may keep us up, I can't find any inspiration or hope that this current side can actually produce the goods, whatever league they're going to be in. 

Lambert will be joining a very special group of managers that have inflicted that ignominy on this great club, but I suppose some will still claim him to be a visionary, a great manager, a leader of men etc

Yes, if he takes us down he will have achieved something that not even Alex McLeish, the worst manager in our history (prior to Lambert's appointment) managed to achieve.

Now that takes some sort of mind boggling incompetence!

I certainly don't think Lambert deserves the situation that Lerner has put him into.

Lambert deserves nothing. He knew what he was doing coming here, and is probably being paid an absolute fortune. He would have seen how Lerner compensated McLeish hansomely for total failure, I bet he thought "I'll have some of that".

The whole club stinks from top to bottom, but Lambert should have been fired for an extremely poor and embarassing season a long time ago. I just don't think the players respect or understand him or his methods. We need someone to come in who will kick them up the arse, not applaud them for yet another humiliating display like Rab C **** does. 

Started watching in 1971. For me this is the worst ever. I no longer know what the 'bright future plan' consists of. However as Randy has owned an NFL club before, I can't help thinking where we would be without relegation as in American Football. Would Lerner and Faulkner be content to perpetually serve up this garbage? Imagine playing in a league where you could be consistently this awful year after year and not have to change it. I don't want us to go down, but I think we will. The technical ability of our players is more than good enough to be further up the table than we are. It's the organisation and the tactics especially the laughable defending that are the problem, guess that's down to the manager. The return of Dunne to be our saviour? More experience yes but he's hardly been a member of a rock solid defence in recent years has he? We need a good defensive midfielder and an on field leader. With each game, sadly, I become more indifferent.

I heard him too mate. It was just a bucket load of spin. I have a sneaky feeling that Mr Doogan may well be a poster on this site!

The guy said to look at the positives of beating the likes of Norwich and Man City in the cup. That's only of any significance if you win the cup! He also went on about the Liverpool result. Let's see how the reverse fixture goes at Villa Park when they come looking for revenge. I fear a drubbing and some in that game!

They must think we're as blind and clueless as they are. We may not be experts with money. We may not be professionals in business, accountancy or football. But, we've seen enough shit in our time to be able to acknowledge the fact that this team is heading in one direction only and it's not upwards!

I think Lambert has done a shitty shitty job. Worse than McLeish. Nightmarish stuff. I think he has **** it up completely. So many mistakes. So much ineptitude. Regardless of Lerner not backing him financially, some moments have been unforgiveable and the blame rests at his feet...

I don't think we will sack him and I don't know if sacking him would improve matters anyway.

I do wonder where we'd be this season under McLeish. Who would he have spent the £20 million on? Where would we be in the league? I have the feeling that as depressing as it is we would be mid-table right now under McLeish. I think that is what annoys me the most is Lambert is making me feel bad for wanting McLeish out when in hindsight he was better.