Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

KHV pretty much summed it up then. The mis-management of this club has been catastrophic from the very moment Lerner bought the club and decided he could run it without football people high up behind the scenes.

It was a recipe for disaster and we have fallen into a gradual, but consistent, decline. The trouble is now we're stuck with a crap manager as well as this major problem with the owners and I can't see any way out of it. Relegation seems an inevitability now and we have sleep-walked into it.

The club is rotten to the core from top to bottom.

and

What an unbelievably shit season of prolonged and deep lows and the odd high point. I now think we are going down, can't see any other outcome under the regime of Lerner. He has to ake immediate action to back the manager or else we are fecked.

I can only think he knows we are going down and sees it as the only solution, some cathartic clearance that will allow some Phoenix to rise from the ashes. But it don't work like that you clown Lerner. We will be behind clubs currently in this league and clubs that will be promoted this season and NEVER able to catch up.

Man is a tool. People calling for the managers head, you have the wrong target.

V & L and Richard sum up my feelings. Except, I think that it's all gone too sour now with Lambert , maybe he should stay but I just don't have the confidence in him any more - he is just so dour in his interviews - you wonder how he motivates the players and he has been the Manager presiding over the most embarrassing series of incidents I can recall - we have set so many lows and historically bad records this season. How many times have we totally collapsed in second halves of games - so maybe a new manager too- Martinez maybe? I am just so angry about the state of our beloved club at present.

• Like 1

if no new players come through the door i would play a simple 442 with wingers to supply crosses, 

the current diamond or 433 etc is not working..

our best recent football has been with two wide players (ash/downing/milner) etc. 

we need to keep it simple

12th December 2013 Aston Villa - Barnsley 0-4

After another shocking result for Aston Villa after a run of bad results. "We have to keep going" says Paul Lambert. "I am absolutely gutted by the result, but I cannot let this stop us. The guys are trying their hardest, and I feel terrible for what they have to go through" 

After another shocking result for Aston Villa after a run of bad results. "We have to keep going" says Paul Lambert. "I am absolutely gutted by the result, but I cannot let this stop us. The guys are trying their hardest, and I feel terrible for what they have to go through" 

You forgot the immortal line "we go again".

The **** was also mumbling something about "big wheels turning" today. I reckon he's going insane.

You forgot "We'll pick us back up again".

Do we have the motivation to stay up?

Lambert knows he keeps his job if we go down. Now of course I don't for one second think he'll be ok with relegation but is knowing his job safe even if we fail to stay up a good thing?

Do our players have the motivation? The good ones know they'll have the option to leave if they want and the bad ones will know they'll get another chance to play and not be replaced if we get relegated.

Just a question really.

We seem to have this idea of nothing will change even if we go down. I'm not sure that provides the motivation for that little extra bit of fight we need.

I find it very disgusting that people on this forum have said that they have put money on villa been relegated. Even ifiwas 100% dead certain they were gonna go down I'd never bet against my team just shows some villa fans for what they are

What, they just don't necessarily share the same superstitions and ideas as yourself?

That doesn't show anyone up to be anything I'm afraid. I don't bet full stop, but if I was a betting man, I'd have had us for the drop after the Wigan defeat.

You forgot the immortal line "we go again".

The **** was also mumbling something about "big wheels turning" today. I reckon he's going insane.

You know a manager is out of ideas and doomed when they resort to the old "our luck has to change soon, we are due a result" line.

As much as I back Lambert, I dont think you can blame some of the fans for the way they are being.  Alot of the same people were totally behind Lambert and the team.  What they have been served has been atrocious and an embarrasment.  Thats everything, player performances, manager performances, the clubs PR and worst of all RL's mis management.  You cannot blame a Villa fan for being negative or downtrodden.  Look what we have had to go through in these last 3 years.  Its like your wife cheating on you then beating you up over and over and over again.

We are looking properly ****. 

Newcastle, Southampton and QPR are all strengthening to avoid the drop and will have stronger finishes to the season.

I think we will be doing well to finish 19th at this rate. We are on a par with Reading with our play and there are no signs of improvement.

Bottom 3 to be Reading, Wigan and Villa for me.

Lol. Whoever made that not only supports Villa abut has Origin installed on his system. Poor bastard.

Lol it was me. Only have that shit because of fifa 13 requires it. I know there are other means but I like the online option :P