Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

This club no longer makes me happy. Lerner has taken my club and turned it into the thing that makes me feel depressed.

I enjoy work more.

Awful feeling. This, what this club makes me feel. Never before. Not even under Ellis.

So sad.

This club no longer makes me happy. Lerner has taken my club and turned it into the thing that makes me feel depressed.

I enjoy work more.

Awful feeling. This, what this club makes me feel. Never before. Not even under Ellis.

So sad.

Exactly... sums up how i feel too.

So you think we'll stay up?

Dec 23 - Chelsea 8 Aston Villa 0

Dec 26 - Aston Villa 0 Tottenham 4

Dec 29 - Aston Villa 0 Wigan 3

Jan 1 - Swansea 2 Aston Villa 2

Jan 5 - Aston Villa 2 Ipswich 1

Jan 8 - Bradford 3 Aston Villa 1

Jan 12 - Aston Villa 0 Southampton 1

Jan 19 - West Brom 2 Aston Villa 2

Jan 22 - Aston Villa 2 Bradford 1

Still think we'll stay up? Thought not.

What an unbelievably shit season of prolonged and deep lows and the odd high point. I now think we are going down, can't see any other outcome under the regime of Lerner. He has to ake immediate action to back the manager or else we are fecked.

I can only think he knows we are going down and sees it as the only solution, some cathartic clearance that will allow some Phoenix to rise from the ashes. But it don't work like that you clown Lerner. We will be behind clubs currently in this league and clubs that will be promoted this season and NEVER able to catch up.

Man is a tool. People calling for the managers head, you have the wrong target.

Never, what never ever?

Catch up with what, the top four, the top two?

Bollocks.

given the current state of our club, and the money on offer for being in the premier league next season, should we be relegated I honestly think it puts us behind even mid table premier league teams for a generation
  • Like 1

What an unbelievably shit season of prolonged and deep lows and the odd high point. I now think we are going down, can't see any other outcome under the regime of Lerner. He has to ake immediate action to back the manager or else we are fecked.

I can only think he knows we are going down and sees it as the only solution, some cathartic clearance that will allow some Phoenix to rise from the ashes. But it don't work like that you clown Lerner. We will be behind clubs currently in this league and clubs that will be promoted this season and NEVER able to catch up.

Man is a tool. People calling for the managers head, you have the wrong target.

We need at least 2 new faces to avoid relegation. If we had bought in 3 or 4 (from a list of around 20 names I heard Lambert submitted) at the start of the window we could well have a few more points and possibly a place at Wembley

Lambert isn't showing the ability I thought he had, but unless he is backed we are done for

The lack of communication from the club shows the total contempt they have for their manager and their fans

There was something about last night that felt like it was the make or break.

IF we had won, there would be a bit of feelgood, a little bit of momentum on the back of the Baggies result and things might be starting to slide in our favour.

But after such an abject performance I just feel that the little bit of hope in me has gone.

I think we are now firmly in freefall, I fully expect us to finish rock bottom of the table. Everything suggests that this will be the case.

Look at the last run of games that fans have seen at Villa Park since December - 0-0 v Stoke, 0-4 v Spurs, 0-3 v Wigan, 0-1 v Southampton. The only goals have been two against Ipswich and then Bradford. Oblivion beckons.

given the current state of our club, and the money on offer for being in the premier league next season, should we be relegated I honestly think it puts us behind even mid table premier league teams for a generation

As i said bollocks.

So clubs coming up from the championship will not get any money? Clubs do have to come up from the championship, three of them in fact no reason if we go down we cannot be one of the three.

More scaremongering.

If you believe some people football wont exist if we get relegated.

Nonsense.

over spending on players and wages. running up massive debts. slashing wages and having a squad full of players with no delegation release clauses. lerner has turned out to be another peter risdale. the mis management of this club is unreal. once we go down we will sink without a trace. the club is in a dreadful state. terrible owner, awful manager and a rubbish squad.

over spending on players and wages. running up massive debts. slashing wages and having a squad full of players with no delegation release clauses. lerner has turned out to be another peter risdale. the mis management of this club is unreal. once we go down we will sink without a trace. the club is in a dreadful state. terrible owner, awful manager and a rubbish squad.

If Villa go down we'll need to sell the grass to keep going.

KHV pretty much summed it up then. The mis-management of this club has been catastrophic from the very moment Lerner bought the club and decided he could run it without football people high up behind the scenes.

It was a recipe for disaster and we have fallen into a gradual, but consistent, decline. The trouble is now we're stuck with a crap manager as well as this major problem with the owners and I can't see any way out of it. Relegation seems an inevitability now and we have sleep-walked into it.

The club is rotten to the core from top to bottom.

If we dont bring in new faces we will be relegated IMO.

The players are so low at the moment we need something to pick them up.

The problem is the fans can see this the media can see this but lerner and the rest at villa cant.

If we go down getting back up will be even harder then people may think.

Sad state at the moment and we really do look like another leeds in the making.

Didn't think we'd get relegated under Houllier at any stage and we never.

Didn't think we'd get relegated under McLeish at any stage and we never.

Atm I am resigned to our fate, there is nothing atm to suggest we are better than 3 teams in this league. Maybe one, or two at a push but nothing more. It speaks volumes when most clubs say the worst team they have faced is us, as do the various negative statistics you can find about our plight.

Even worse we seem to be doing nothing about it. If it happens we deserve what we get, not as fans but the whole way the club has been run.

Everything seems stale yet we've continually change things down the bottom. Which points out where the problem is. Lambert has been bad, but its quite simplistic to pinpoint the blame on him now, I honestly feel most managers would fail at our club right now.

Ok now I've calmed down I'm going to attempt to look at the positives of being knocked out yesterday and the only one I can find is this - Had we won we would have a Wembley final to focus on and history would suggest that we would most likely lose the game prior to and after the final. Now if we get something out of these games and they end up being key points in our survival then this for me would be worth getting knocked out for.

The priority is staying up and Lerner isnt about to sack Lambert any time soon. So we may as well get behind him and hope for the best.

If we stay up then I may be able to forget about last night. Winning a cup would mean nothing if we still ended up a Championship club.

Relegation is the only outcome!

Lambert has to stay....if we get rid we become a basket case club!

Look long and hard at this situation we find ourselves in it will get worse,I expect at some stage in the next couple of years to be in the bottom half of the championship.This has happened before, a miserable decline from European Champions to bottom two in the second division but we didnt stay there....

We have no rights to our Premier league status and we have mostly championship quality players in the squad so that where they will end up.

Just as things go wrong over a short space of time at a club like Villa the can be fixed over a short period of time, it will come im sure of it it may take one inspired signing to turn things...

But the club has to stay strong and pick a path they beleive in because if we keep chopping and changing The a Leeds/Sheffield Wednesday type future beckons :(

Relegation is the only outcome!

Lambert has to stay....if we get rid we become a basket case club!

Look long and hard at this situation we find ourselves in it will get worse,I expect at some stage in the next couple of years to be in the bottom half of the championship.This has happened before, a miserable decline from European Champions to bottom two in the second division but we didnt stay there....

We have no rights to our Premier league status and we have mostly championship quality players in the squad so that where they will end up.

Just as things go wrong over a short space of time at a club like Villa the can be fixed over a short period of time, it will come im sure of it it may take one inspired signing to turn things...

But the club has to stay strong and pick a path they beleive in because if we keep chopping and changing The a Leeds/Sheffield Wednesday type future beckons :(

It hurts me to say it but you are right. No point sacking him :(