The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

That's a very laisez faire approach voinjama

What On earth are you smoking

Nothing, but its true, I know lots of west ham and Newcastle fans and they said the same thing. In your day to day business nothing will change. I don't want it to happen, but if it does........

Thought it worth mentioning were no longer the lowest scoring team in the premier league, never mind the top 146 divisions in Europe or whatever it was.

Fine lines eh. Two against Swansea, two against the Baggies. If not for some wieful finishing could, maybe should have had a couple against Southampton. Certainly created enough.

Defence is still crack. But is the tide turning in an attacking sense?

Correctly guessed at a draw in that Southampton game tonight, So that makes them still on course for around 38 pts according to my calculations. Looking at the fixtures they could actually do us a favour by beating Wigan in a couple of games time as i think we will finish closest to Wigan out of those two. In fact if Southampton went on a decent run they actually have to play every one of the sides "at risk" apart from us so they could do us some huge favours. Especially at Reading & home to QPR.

Thought it worth mentioning were no longer the lowest scoring team in the premier league, never mind the top 146 divisions in Europe or whatever it was.

Fine lines eh. Two against Swansea, two against the Baggies. If not for some wieful finishing could, maybe should have had a couple against Southampton. Certainly created enough.

Hopefully we have found our shooting boots . Benteke could certainly have scored 4 or 5 more PL goals, Gabby was exceptional on Saturday and Weimann is a natural goal scorer. I'm now hoping NZogbia gets a run and weighs in with 4 or 5 goals

Hopefully we have found our shooting boots . Benteke could certainly have scored 4 or 5 more PL goals, Gabby was exceptional on Saturday and Weimann is a natural goal scorer. I'm now hoping NZogbia gets a run and weighs in with 4 or 5 goals

Shooting boots were never the issue, we simply weren't creating enough. Anything at all in some games.

Shooting boots were never the issue, we simply weren't creating enough. Anything at all in some games.

Yes some games we created nothing then others we missed big chances and then paid the price - Southampton away, spurs away and fulham away all spring to mind

Yes some games we created nothing then others we missed big chances and then paid the price - Southampton away, spurs away and fulham away all spring to mind

Every team misses big chances, it's part of the game. Missing one or two is expected. Southampton aside we didn't create nearly enough of those kind of chances in the games you mention.

Look at Bradford away as well. Christ, we could have had 6 in the first half an hour.

Yes, we are missing too many. But we are now creating enough for that to become a concern and that is a step forward, in my opinion.

Every team misses big chances, it's part of the game. Missing one or two is expected. Southampton aside we didn't create nearly enough of those kind of chances in the games you mention.

Look at Bradford away as well. Christ, we could have had 6 in the first half an hour.

Yes, we are missing too many. But we are now creating enough for that to become a concern and that is a step forward, in my opinion.

Even on Saturday just gone we had a chance via Lichaj to go 3-0 up by HT, then Gabby missed a 1 on 1 with Foster 2nd half that MOTD failed to show.

You're right though we now look a threat again going forwards

Even on Saturday just gone we had a chance via Lichaj to go 3-0 up by HT, then Gabby missed a 1 on 1 with Foster 2nd half that MOTD failed to show.

You're right though we now look a threat again going forwards

I do watch every game for what it's worth (wink).

Glad we agree on something. First time for everything eh!

• Like 1

we're actually only 2 away from sneaking past Wigan and Reading in the goals against table so maybe the worst of the season is slowly receding. Edited by briny_ear

I'm inclined to think that come May Newcastle will be in trouble too. They're buying too many French players with little experience from a league like ours. QPR and Reading to be the other two teams going down. We nick a couple of QPR's new players in the summer.

• Like 1

I am not so sure about QPR now. The have gained alot of ground in a short period of time and they look like a team that are now trying.

Whether they escape it or not it remains to be seen but it won't be far off either way.

I see Us, Newcastle, Sunderland, Wigan, Southampton, Reading and QPR all in this mini relegation league battle

As it stands you would like to hope that it ends up being Southampton, QPR & Newcastle that go down.

I don't mind Reading staying up. Brian McDermot seems a decent manager. Even if he does remind me of Brian the dog in family guy for some strange bizarre reason. :huh:

We still have'nt actually won a game for a while,our peformances are getting better but our points tally stays the same ( we are not adding points at a fast enough rate IMO )

I would take our situation better if I could figure out WTF Lambert is trying to prove ?

FFS our defence is bad.....so he plays 3 at the back

We are not putting away enough chances ...so Bent stays on the bench ?

I have a strange feeling that Norwich and Fulham could get sucked into this, Fulham especially.

I think similar. I'd give Norwich more chance of it though.

Its still so tight, i think its any 3 of 8 teams:

Norwich - 26

Fulham - 25

Southampton - 23

Newcastle - 21

VILLA - 20

-------------------

Reading - 19

Wigan - 19

QPR - 15

We could easily finish 13th, & could easily finish 20th.

One win here or there will move these 8 teams up and down quite a bit before the end of the season.