Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I haven't much hope of staying up!

But if I was PL I'd read what Laursen Said about this club to the players on Saturday. Hopefully they will feel a sense of pride for the Villa shirt and 'fight' like Vlaar was talking about.

Edited by BoroVillan

Lambert needs to be given the opportunity to rectify the situation. It's no good chopping and changing the manager each year. We have Lambert now and we need to give him our support. We need continuity otherwise we'll be much more worse off.

Lambert has already had that opportunity and made us worse than we were under Mcleish.

No it isn't but what it gives is stability and that is something this club has lacked for a long long time. BTW I am not saying I want Lambert for 10 years, just I don't believe changing the manager each year is the right way to go about things. We need stability and continuity for us to thrive and yes I am thinking long term. We may or may not go down this season, however our slide has been coming for a few years now. It's not like we were mid table or challenging for a CL place and suddenly this season we are in a relegation fight. It has been coming for the past 3 years now, so I do believe it is critical at this juncture for us to have stability at manager level for the next few years.

Sticking with the same manager is fine if he is the right one. He isn't and that's been the problem over the last three seasons. Factor in cutbacks at exactly the wrong time has compounded the dire situation our club has found itself in.

If you were a neutral looking at us you would think is as good as already down.

Personally I think we are too.

Yeah at moment it would be hard to argue with a neutral who said this.

I still think that Lambert could turn this around with some good buys this window but I've pretty much accepted we are going down.

If you were a neutral looking at us you would think is as good as already down.

Personally I think we are too.

i think its the opposite.

We are more likely to think we are down (me included) as we fear the worst.

Look at the past 2 seasons on VT - a good percentage were saying that we were 100% definitely relegated by christmas.

It never happened.

But a neutral looking objectively can see that whilst there is a good chance we will go down, there is also a good chance we will stay up,

Its only january, and a lot can happen between now & May.

Sticking with the same manager is fine if he is the right one. He isn't and that's been the problem over the last three seasons. Factor in cutbacks at exactly the wrong time has compounded the dire situation our club has found itself in.

I think Lambert will walk in the next few days - let's see what your brave new world looks like then

Lambert is carrying the can for Lerner - he didn't get any of his top targets in the summer and took the flak and now idiots are moaning that he hasn't signed anyone in the January window

Lambert will point to the complete lack of support from RL and move on to another decent job, whereas we will be deeply in the shit

I don't really give a shit what neutrals think, to be honest. What bearing does it have on anything?

I think Lambert will walk in the next few days - let's see what your brave new world looks like then

Lambert is carrying the can for Lerner - he didn't get any of his top targets in the summer and took the flak and now idiots are moaning that he hasn't signed anyone in the January window

Lambert will point to the complete lack of support from RL and move on to another decent job, whereas we will be deeply in the shit

He definitely wanted Benteke, Westwood, Lowton and Vlaar by the looks of things, and justifiably so, so I don't really know what you're on about.

Our 'brave new world' was suppose to start when Lambert was appointed.

In your previous post you said that you thought Lambert would be with us over the next couple of seasons yet in the space of one post you now think he will walk.

Why the contradiction? Have you heard something in the last five minutes?

He definitely wanted Benteke, Westwood, Lowton and Vlaar by the looks of things, and justifiably so, so I don't really know what you're on about.

They were all his choices but not neccessarily his top choices (or second top, or third for that matter). Benteke might have been close to being his first choice, what makes you think the rest were?

Sissoko is a top choice in this window, Liam Trotter or Dale Stephens might be 4th and 5th on the list

Our 'brave new world' was suppose to start when Lambert was appointed.

In your previous post you said that you thought Lambert would be with us over the next couple of seasons yet in the space of one post you now think he will walk.

Why the contradiction? Have you heard something in the last five minutes?

Yes

They were all his choices but not neccessarily his top choices (or second top, or third for that matter). Benteke might have been close to being his first choice, what makes you think the rest were?

Sissoko is a top choice in this window, Liam Trotter or Dale Stephens might be 4th and 5th on the list

Yes

Ok VillaCas will wait and see if your info is correct.

Lambert had hardly any money at Norwich? He still stayed with them for 3 seasons... Why would he leave us - he's already been given dollar at the start of this season. Probably more than he would get for an entire season at Norwich.

As for relegation - its touch and go but signings need to be made.

Southampton sacking Adkins? Seriously?

That's a wild move. Absolute nonsense.

Mental isn't it and guy they talking about replacing him inexperianced in league ..talk about self destruct button.Could massively help us

Southampton sacking Adkins? Seriously?

That's a wild move. Absolute nonsense.

Maybe the Southampton board have got wind of a rumour Adkins was going to resign to take over a Villa Park? His first signing could be Lambert.

I'm not ITK... this is guessing.