Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

But if Lerner and Faulkner would be picking his replacement, could we guarantee we'd get anyone better?

You can blame Lerner and Faulkner for McLeish but you definitely can't blame Lerner and Faulkner for Lambert - although they are ultimately responsible for the choice.

If they had decided the manager on a poll of Villa season ticket holders who would have been chosen manager?

Lambert or Solskjaer. The latter didn't want it so Lambert would have been the fans #1 choice.

Nobody could have predicted Lambert's stubborn, bizarre team selections. Not picking the players who win the matches (Lichaj, Bannan) and repeatedly picking Bennett at left back leaving a defensive weakness that can be exploited by any team in all four divisions of professional football.

Maybe he'll get lucky against West Brom and it'll all turn out alright.

Why there was such a clamour for lambert I will never know . Particularly the singing at Norwich I found embarrassing.

I think it was all just a reaction to McLeish and lambert must be amazing because he isn't McLeish.

You look back on McLeishs results and think , hang on, he did ok after all.

No Mcleish was terrible. Its just that Paul Lambert is just as bad if not worse. I wish we did get Ole. I think he would have done better. Wouldnt take that shit performance from this side.

Also even if we do go down, Lambert knows that division and more importantly how to get out of it. As I said we need continuity now and Lambert needs to be backed.

If Lambert knows that division so well why did we lose 1-3 to Bradford and only scrape a win ( at home ) to Ipswich ?!

Because Lambert has done so badly, I'm afraid the debate over who was better for Aston Villa FC between him and McLeish remains valid and open. Lambert started off badly and has got steadily worse, more recently with an alarming rate of knots. I'd say he's got about 5 games to save his job.

If we'd just shut up about Ole we'd probably have him. Molde's owner got piss sour when he read the media's reports on him being in Birmingham and started stating that he'd sue Ole etc.

Let's not go over the plane spotting episode again. Nobody knew that would have the fallout it did.

Brendan Rodgers was actually my first choice. However, although I didn't know it at the time, my real first choice was Michael Laudrup (even though Swansea seem to be one of the few sides we can take points off this season).

Edited by briny_ear

I can't read your posts because the italics hurt my eyes.

Just sayin. I'd like to be able to.

Hi there DDIG... Sorry about that. I try to use italics as I like the look of it. If it has made it hard for people to read, then I apologise... here is the post without the italics... Cheers for the heads up though... Remember, the post was in response to Dance Of The Shamen, though the question I asked was more generally aimed at the thread readers as a whole. I really do love his avatar!!

--

I love your optimism and I love your avatar even more...

That said, (and this is a question for the thread, and not aimed at you) since the Premier League was formed, who has ever benefitted from getting relegated from it? Who has ever come back stronger as a result of getting relegated?

Oldham? Forest? Bradford? Swindon? Leicester? Derby? Blues? QPR? Ipswich? Southampton (not really)? Norwich (not really)?

Portsmouth (no way)? Coventry? Jesus, they don't even own a football stadium any more and face the prospect of travelling to Hinckley United to play their games.

Leeds? Nope... Sunderland? Nope... Newcastle? Maybe last year... but nope...

Manchester City... top trump hmmm? But look how far they slipped first, and then what happened. They weren't brilliant when they first came back up, and have got where they are now with a bottomless pit of money the likes of which we can only dream of (again). Then there are the Fifa Fair Play rules that are intent on ensuring that a Man City never happens again to keep Europe's elite as far away from everyone else as possible. From what I see, owners of a football club can't really have any realistic intent to actually make money... it's not a means to grow money is it?

West Brom - to be fair, they are doing really well. But, I am sure their bubble will burst and will become a yo-yo again. They don't have the money to keep that up and I argue vehemently that they don't have the fanbase to sustain it either. (BTW - their secretary goes to watch Nuneaton Borough when Baggies are not fixture clashing - I have no ITK about Dorrens sadly).

West Ham - better this term up to now, but perenniel yo-yos. And so they will continue in the shadow of more promising Cockney Fayre.

Relegation will set this club back at least a decade. The likes of Stoke and Swansea have been building for years in the lower leagues - **** me, I have even seen Nuneaton Borough knock both these sides out of the FA Cup before Round 3 within the last 19 years.

This is by far the worst season ever to get relegated from the Premier League. If nothing else, to safeguard our reputation of one of the dwindling clubs never to have been relegated from the Premier League since it's inception.

Right now, the club is dying on it's arse.

Edited by Raver50032

FFS why dose'nt he play Bent,Warnock and Hutton ????

They may not be the best players in the Premier League but surely they are good enough to help the younger ones out for a while.

Due to financial constraints he couldn't pick them if he wanted to

Warnock and Hutton's attitude wouldn't help the youngsters it would hinder

No Mcleish was terrible. Its just that Paul Lambert is just as bad if not worse. I wish we did get Ole. I think he would have done better. Wouldnt take that shit performance from this side.

I wanted OGS but I now think he would do worse than PL. OGS wouldn't have agreed to the financial constraints PL is working under

Because Lambert has done so badly, I'm afraid the debate over who was better for Aston Villa FC between him and McLeish remains valid and open. Lambert started off badly and has got steadily worse, more recently with an alarming rate of knots. I'd say he's got about 5 games to save his job.

He will be here until the end of the season at least and I expect a couple of seasons after that

Due to financial constraints he couldn't pick them if he wanted to

Warnock and Hutton's attitude wouldn't help the youngsters it would hinder

Why would the financial contraints regarding Hutton and Warnock apply to Lambert but not to McLeish?

Lambert bombed out Hutton from the start, but Warnock was featuring in preseason until Nottingham Forest away (where he had an absolute mare).