Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Careful about talking about who's on your ignore list, chaps. You get "warning points" for that sort of thing.

You get warning points for warning people about the warning points you get for talking about who's on your ignore list :P

hashtag notreally

However, no-one by the same token thought we'd be in the bottom three

I've made this point before.

You only have to think back to when savage made his prediction in the summer and the mocking of anyone who thought we'd be in a relegation battle to know that this attitude of everyone knew we'd start like this is rubbish.

I thought we would be in a battle, lets face it anyone from about 12th down is in a battle in reality. I also thought for the first half of the season we would have very rocky results. BUT I did not and still do not think we will get relegated and that is why I mocked Gobby Cabbage.

there is a difference between throughout the season and end of the season

Wow, incredible how people have subtly kept downgrading expectations under Lambert whilst putting a positive / "always knew this would happen" outlook / facade .

Which people?? I expected us to have a tough start as players left and new players arrived. I thought that we would struggle for the first half of the season and gradually improve to a mid-table finish. If you listen to Lambert's interviews he always acknowledges that this will not be a quick turnaround job.

There are some classic quotes from around June/July that can be dug out

Im sure you can always find a quote to suit any purpose but anyone who thinks getting back to the top 8 will be easy or quick needs to think again - 3 years??

From the moment MON walked out we seem to have been in a relegation battle. PL just took over from where AM left, the position in the league shows there has been no miracles performed, just steady progess towards a more sustainable future (IMO). This season was always going to be a battle (unless proven Premier League players were brought in) we couldnt afford to buy our way into a mid table position, clever purchases and good coaching is our way forward and the evidence of both is starting to show, at least for me.

On the subject of Stoke, they look to have quite a few high earners on their books now, the wages must be close to ours.