Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I actually think his signing has been very good. Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood and Benteke has all what it takes to succeed in the Premier League and they have done well.

Not so sure about El Ahmadi, seems he is struggling with the tempo, but I am hoping he will adapt.

Doesn't matter. The man lies continuously.

On the same programme you mentioned he said he hadn't spoken to QPR until Hughes was sacked. But then couldn't remember when he HAD spoken to them.

"I've got the days mixed up"

It was YESTERDAY!

Crook, word removed, prick.

The man has been exonerated of all charges yet in your eyes he's guilty when proven innocent.

Yes on 'Football Focus' he did forget but it was innocent enough. I don't think there was anything to blame him for and your comment about Hitler we'll as it turned out his tactic's were found wanting we're they not.

I didn't say he wasn't but it comes at a price along with some dodgey wheeling and deeling.

You're the one mentioning youth teams not me. Just incase you'd forgot!

Well not to build a youth team that's for sure but more in the lines of getting them out the shit - which will come at a price as he is going to want to put his own stamp on the place and that's going to cost £££!

The excitement awaits you!

'Dodgey wheeling and dealing'eh? When did that happen? I seem to remember him being exonerated of all charges.

Look back on your post. It was actually you who stated youth team.

So it's ok to hand Lambert 20m to put his own stamp on our team but if Redknapp is given similar financial backing he will continue to be described as a cheque book manager?

I actually think his signing has been very good. Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood and Benteke has all what it takes to succeed in the Premier League and they have done well.

Not so sure about El Ahmadi, seems he is struggling with the tempo, but I am hoping he will adapt.

agree with above, questions marks over KEA, Bennett and Bowery for me.

Westwood looks good, it depends on what the expectation is these days really. For instance he isnt as good as Petrov, Barry or Milner for me.

agree with above, questions marks over KEA, Bennett and Bowery for me.

Westwood looks good, it depends on what the expectation is these days really. For instance he isnt as good as Petrov, Barry or Milner for me.

very early days in his villa career to say that. i can remember people saying barry was a slow big arsed one-footed donkey early in his career. he's got a premier league winners medal now.

very early days in his villa career to say that. i can remember people saying barry was a slow big arsed one-footed donkey early in his career. he's got a premier league winners medal now.

I guess I was never one of those people. Always thought Barry was top class, an England international at an early age. I like Westwood, I just dont see him progressing to that class. Its an early opinion but thats what forums are for.

I think its because people were used to him playing out on the left or in defense. Remember he started as a centre-back, then moved to left-back and then left-wing for his crossing and set piece delivery. It was MON that moved him into the middle and that is where he stayed.

Williams could be a replacement but its very early days. However he's cemented his place in the team and will only grow from these experiences. We do still need an experienced pro in there.

I guess I was never one of those people. Always thought Barry was top class, an England international at an early age. I like Westwood, I just dont see him progressing to that class. Its an early opinion but thats what forums are for.

me neither, i always liked him, on the left or in the center he always did the simple stuff really really well. every team needs players like that, they can't all be spectacular ay.

The man has been exonerated of all charges yet in your eyes he's guilty when proven innocent.

Yes on 'Football Focus' he did forget but it was innocent enough. I don't think there was anything to blame him for and your comment about Hitler we'll as it turned out his tactic's were found wanting we're they not.

Oh who gives a shit.

The word removed manages QPR now.

Thank God he won't be anywhere near our club.

• Like 1

Good performance against the Arsenal but we can no longer take draws at home as an acceptable result.

We have four easier games coming up against Reading, QPR, Stoke and Norwich and we should be getting an absolute minimum of 7 points from a possible 12 from these games and even then it will leave us on 17 points from 17 games which is quite a poor return. The period leading up to Christmas and throughout the festive season is mainly against tougher teams (on paper anyway) so it is likely that not many points will be yielded there.

At best I can see us finish 2012 on 24 points from 21 games which will leave us with 17 games to get the 16+ points to take us to/over the magic 40 point safety target.

It's going to be a tough nail biting few months until May.

Good performance against the Arsenal but we can no longer take draws at home as an acceptable result.

We have four easier games coming up against Reading, QPR, Stoke and Norwich and we should be getting an absolute minimum of 7 points from a possible 12 from these games and even then it will leave us on 17 points from 17 games which is quite a poor return. The period leading up to Christmas and throughout the festive season is mainly against tougher teams (on paper anyway) so it is likely that not many points will be yielded there.

At best I can see us finish 2012 on 24 points from 21 games which will leave us with 17 games to get the 16+ points to take us to/over the magic 40 point safety target.

It's going to be a tough nail biting few months until May.

The Norwich game is in the Capital One Cup pal....

stoke will be taking 3 points from us, ill even place a bet on it, and i dont gamble

but a point i wanted to make, ive seen comments on here saying that people want to see entertaining football and arent fussed about results

what a load of crock!

its doesnt matter how we get a win, we need a win regardless, who cares if it was messy football, i wouldnt care if the strikers didnt move all game if it meant they got goals

leave the entertaining sh*t to la liga, our players need to toughen up

I'm glad we eventually got a point from the trio of death fixtures.

It probably could've/should've been more.

Next few fixtures however are even bigger than our last 3

Reading, QPR, Stoke are massive! 6/9 points needed really - if not more.

'Dodgey wheeling and dealing'eh? When did that happen? I seem to remember him being exonerated of all charges.

Look back on your post. It was actually you who stated youth team.

So it's ok to hand Lambert 20m to put his own stamp on our team but if Redknapp is given similar financial backing he will continue to be described as a cheque book manager?

Listen I don't really give a **** about Redknapp. he is not our manager and of no concern so get over it.

For me we are still woefully short of firepower - for all the plaudits Bentekke doesn't look prolific - perhaps 10 goals a season at best ? - Gabby around 5 ? - thats not going to be enough.

....And whatever defence we put out - theres always at least 1 rookie in there !

....Are the rumours correct that Dunne has had a further setback in training - and is now as far away from fitness as ever ?