The Secret Footballer: Undercover in the Premier League.

VillaGoMarching

I couldn't give a toss who it is..... It just sounds like another millionaire 'victim' moaning cause life just got too damn hard.... Boo fkin hoo. Stunners only talk to me cause I'm rich... Sob. I hated my life training for 2 hours a day then having to do it again the next... All for a paltry 5 figure weekly wage.

Thank the good lord his Harley St doctor prescribed some happy pills to help him cope.

Feck off....

That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on here and we've had threads concerning god and homosexuality.

To be honest, it sounds like my idea of hell. Sure I'd love the money and sure, I'd love to be somebody's hero. But the lifestyle sounds miserable. How would you ever find TRUE love, ever relax, ever know you were being fed the "truth" at any given moment? It's no wonder to me that depression is rife in football.

You're quite right...... With the money and privilege given by his professional choices he had no alternative but to simply carry on........

Or maybe he could have quit football to do something more spiritually fulfilling. As a millionaire sportsman he had the one privilege the rest of us do not...... Choice!

I agree.

I couldn't give a toss who it is..... It just sounds like another millionaire 'victim' moaning cause life just got too damn hard.... Boo fkin hoo. Stunners only talk to me cause I'm rich... Sob. I hated my life training for 2 hours a day then having to do it again the next... All for a paltry 5 figure weekly wage.

Thank the good lord his Harley St doctor prescribed some happy pills to help him cope.

Feck off....

That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on here and we've had threads concerning god and homosexuality.

Doesn't seem any worse than your comments on Tom Daley, DDID.

Footballers have a great life, I know a few. And the vast majority would not change their job for anything. I dont feel sorry for them, but I do understand how they will find it hard to trust people.

But let's not forget DDID suffered/suffers with depression, so we're probably not allowed to have an opinion.

Is that really called for? I explain in my post why I think its ignorant. Nowt to do with my past struggles with depression, which for what its worth, are long behind me.

Clearly a P on P, what's your beef kid?

Feck off....

Doesn't seem any worse than your comments on Tom Daley, DDID.

Possibly not and I did get called out for that, which I've no problem with at all. Opinions are like arseholes.

How would you ever find TRUE love, ever relax, ever know you were being fed the "truth" at any given moment?

How does one manage those regardless of profession?

I'm not sure if you're disagreeing or not? Because I agree, life can be a pressure cooker, imagine turning the dial to 10.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the secret footballer is a whiney little wimp, but he's certainly doing a grand job of explaining how that lifestyle is not for ME. As in my opinion.

Bollocks to all those clues, how many premier league footballers can quote Marcel Proust?

Exactly what I thought when I read that line. My initial thoughts were David James for that reason but that doesn't fit.

I'm also interested to know who the England player with the playful wife is as sounds like he's still playing

Again guessed Peter Crouch just due to high profile Abby Clancy is.

Yeah good shout. I was thinking Ashley Cole, again just because of how high profile Cheryl is. But the way the article says "Now part of the England set up" seems to imply that he wasn't back when it happens.

And Cole has been part of it for what, 10 years? so I assumed it wasn't him.

Can't think of many other high profile WAGs (as in higher profile than the footballer)

On the subject of "Oh he's got a great life, he's a footballer" etc. Yes it's easy to say it's a great life. And I'm sure ofr the vast majority it is.

But I think it's pretty ignorant to ignore the fact that it comes with some negatives. And I also think it's pretty ignorant to assume it's a lifestyle that suits everyone. Some people are bound to handle it differently.

Just think it's weird that people seem to expect footballers to be walking around in blissful ecstasy the whole time just because they're paid a lot. Sometimes money doesn't matter.

They WAG who wrapped her legs around the secret footballer is Alex Curren/Gerrard at a guess.

See again I don't think she's high profile, certainly not higher profile than him.

And again he's been in the England setup for ages, wheras I got the impression that this guy is a relatively recent addition to the setup.

I think they use a mixture of stories from different sources and try to create the mystery footballer to get a following and intice public interest. Jounalist tricks, if the article teaches anything its not to trust journalists.

Interesting that Kitson link.

Not quite being helped out of the stands by fans but I suppose it could be journalist license to make the clash sound more dramatic than it was or indeed might just be his memory playing tricks on him.

Only doubt I have with him is the playing for country bit. Did he play for England under 21s so maybe that counts?

From a few interviews he's done, he does strike me as one of the more articulate and deep thinking footballers around.

Â