Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Clark is likely to be a villa player for afew years vlaar is likely going to leave so In my eyes he should only make the bench . Also helps that okore and clark seem to have a good partnership forming

• Like 1

Clark is likely to be a villa player for afew years vlaar is likely going to leave so In my eyes he should only make the bench . Also helps that okore and clark seem to have a good partnership forming

Football is a result business, even if Vlaar's contract is running out, he's still a way better defender than Clark. Would you play Richardson if Ronaldo were in our club?

Football is a result business, even if Vlaar's contract is running out, he's still a way better defender than Clark. Would you play Richardson if Ronaldo were in our club?

Ridiculous comparison, fact remains we have Ron Vlaar and not Ronnie, bit of perspective of the caliber of player we are discussing here wouldn't go amiss.

Yes, football is a results business and a partnership of Clark and Okore is helping us pick up those results.

As for your comparison of Richardson to Ronaldo, I understand what you're trying to get at, but that's a silly comparison. Different caliber of player, and different positions/roles in the team.

Swap Vlaar for Clark, I'm sorry Clark lovers, but Vlaar is simply a better defender.

It's not about being a 'Clark lover', it's about the idea that you deserve to retain your place in the team if you play well. Even more so if you have been one of the standout performers in the last few games.

Spot on Isa

• Like 1

Swap Vlaar for Clark, I'm sorry Clark lovers, but Vlaar is simply a better defender.

It's not about being a 'Clark lover', it's about the idea that you deserve to retain your place in the team if you play well. Even more so if you have been one of the standout performers in the last few games.

Even so. Vlaar was the best defender at the World cup, it would be a big mistake not to play him, with all his experience and influence on the team.

Edited by villalad21

Both Clark and Vlaar started against West Brom last season and conceded 3. I'm more than willing to see if Clark and Okore can improve on that. However I'm somewhat reluctant to join the Clark love fest just yet, if he (and Okore) can continue this form for the next few months then I'll start to believe. 

Lovefest? Clark is playing well and seems to have a good understanding with Okore, my point is why should that be broken up by someone who will more than likely be gone in about 5-7games, Vlaar is the better defender I agree but he ain't the future, these 2 lads currently in the 11 are, they are the present and future,Vlaar ain't and will be sold.

• Like 2

Even so. Vlaar was the best defender at the World cup, it would be a big mistake not to play him, with all his experience and influence on the team.

Clark has displayed as much influence and leadership in the last four games as Vlaar ever does. Don't get me wrong, I don't suddenly think Clark is great again on the back of four games but the standard he is currently playing to means that Vlaar isn't being missed.

I like Vlaar both as a person and a player but there is a very strong case for him to not get a start tomorrow. He is only back from injury and will be a bit off the pace. We have two guys playing in his position who are in great form and to drop either would be wrong and against all the principles of having a successful team. Let him sit on the bench and wait for his chance. I'd much rather see our centre backs of the future keep progressing.

Lovefest? Clark is playing well and seems to have a good understanding with Okore, my point is why should that be broken up by someone who will more than likely be gone in about 5-7games, Vlaar is the better defender I agree but he ain't the future, these 2 lads currently in the 11 are, they are the present and future,Vlaar ain't and will be sold.

I agree that Okore and Clark should start against West Brom? they are playing great football together at the moment and Vlaar should not be allowed to just walk back into the team. However, by the same token Clark is not someone that has traditionally filled me with confidence, and I remain to be convinced.

I believe that statistically we tend to do better when Vlaar starts?

Edited by Supervillan78

Why would we want to disrupt a back four that has played very well as a unit for several games running and seems to have developed an understanding of how to defend together? One contributor to the losing run was that we never had a settled CB pairing after the first few games. It's working now. Don't f**k with it....

• Like 2

Why would we want to disrupt a back four that has played very well as a unit for several games running and seems to have developed an understanding of how to defend together? One contributor to the losing run was that we never had a settled CB pairing after the first few games. It's working now. Don't f**k with it....

Against the worst teams in the league, you have to keep that in mind.

Â