Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-ron-8101149

Letting him leave in the summer... as a freebee... will be yet another nail in Lambert's coffin. Of which there must be about 1000 of them now...

We have no say in whether he leaves in the summer for free or not. There's no "letting" involved. Any player at any club can choose not to sign a new contract and leave for a free if that's what they want to do. The club can't sell a player against their wishes, nor can they force them to stay. This is pretty much entirely in Vlaar's court - and who could blame him. Last big move of his career, and his one and only chance to make big, big money for a few years. He'd be mental not to

It only seems like he is injury prone as he is always out with the sane injury at the same time of year.

That is exactly what injury prone is.

Thing with Ron is you'll never get 10 games straight from him with it him getting a knock. And his knocks mean he is missing for months at a time. That won't change. Add I that the fact he's been injured already this season and we're only 11 games in is all you need to know to tell you that he is most definitely injury prone.

This wouldn't be so much of a dilemma if Okore was fit and playing but yet again we have another player who is an enigma to our squad. We need to loan a CB in Jan.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

I have no idea what that guy was doing signing for Lille.

You don't go from Serie to Bundesliga, to what are, nowadays, Ligue 1 no-hopers.

To be honest his stock had fallen considerably. His big money move to Wolfsburg didn't really come off and his time at Lille has given him the chance to recover from that.

I've been telling people since last summer that he would go this summer on a Bosman.

You also said the Lambert signing a new contract would encourage the likes of Delph and Vlaar to sign? That went well?

he said encourage, that doesnt guarantee anything

Edited by Zatman

I've been telling people since last summer that he would go this summer on a Bosman.

You also said the Lambert signing a new contract would encourage the likes of Delph and Vlaar to sign? That went well?

he said encourage, that doesnt guarantee anything

Well it seems to have made up their minds to jump ship! Putting an idiot in charge for another 4 years!

Â