Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Just because he is out of contract doesn't mean we have to give him away. Teams can want all they want but they still need to offer enough money for us to say yes.

We could just get the extra year out of him, help us stay up. Who knows what the situation will be at VP in a years time 

Gareth Barry 12million and Ashley Young 16M with 12months remaining. All depends how much you value that player for one season.

• Like 1

For ****'s sake let's sort his bloody contract out, eh VIlla?

I'm not sure Lambert has enough funds to be able to do that and sign other players.  But if he sells Vlaar it may give him extra spending power

As I said earlier Au Re Vlaar

• Like 1

We will struggle to keep him now...plenty of sides will be looking for an experience CB costing less than 10m. To me he looks better value for Man. United than someone like Vermaelean who is even more injury prone.

With 1 year left on his deal we're sitting ducks really if clubs start enquiring.

He does have his faults and picks up too many injuries but you'd see his real quality in a proper defence. Stick him in the 07/08 or 09/10 defences instead of Knight or Collins and he'd be ranked a lot higher in the villa defender lists.

I think Ron was too rushed in taking the penalty. I don't know if it was just the the excitement of what was happening or what but if he had just taken a moment to take Messi out of his pocket first I think he would have had a better chance of scoring the pen

Does anyone know if Vlaar has ever taken a penalty before last night? And secondly, does anyone know of any players to have taken a pen for the first time in an international shoot out and scored?

Transfermarkt used to have all the stats like that if you google "Vlaar Transfermarkt Penalty" but since their facelift they all seem to 404.

Terrific World Cup for  him and possibly the stand-out defender of the tournament.

Where we stand in all this is irrelevant. Once the big money talks, he'll walk. I jut hope Lambert spends the loot before Lerner gets his mitts on it.

FFS he's average at best, granted he is the best of a the bad bunch we have but if a club wants to spend 10m on him then Lambert would be mad to pass it up.

Sorry but I don't rate him at all.

FFS he's average at best, granted he is the best of a the bad bunch we have but if a club wants to spend 10m on him then Lambert would be mad to pass it up.

Not sure if you respect Van Gaal's opinion but I just read that he rated him as the best player on the pitch. In a world cup semi final. Oh, and think about who else was on the pitch.

No need to argue or get upset this is just my opinion and I expect to be in the minority over my view of Vlaar but can anyone truly say that if Lambert were offered 10m that he shouldn't sell?

If anyone thinks he is the difference between relegation and survival then they are dreaming, he is just one player. The whole squad needs a revamp which 10m would go some way towards.

No need to argue or get upset this is just my opinion and I expect to be in the minority over my view of Vlaar but can anyone truly say that if Lambert were offered 10m that he shouldn't sell?

If anyone thinks he is the difference between relegation and survival then they are dreaming, he is just one player. The whole squad needs a revamp which 10m would go some way towards.

Average of what though?

So two Dutch players refused to take the first penalty & concrete Ron stepped up to the plate.

Wouldn't expect anything less from him.

If he leaves us this summer I won't begrudge him the chance to play with better players. He deserves it. This world cup has shown how good he can be when playing alonside a few decent defenders raher than constantly trying to bail out the sinking ship of the Villa defence.

• Like 1

I've always really liked Vlaar both as a player and a person (from what I've seen of him rather than direct personal experience) and I was gutted when he missed that penalty.

I really hope we keep hold of him, but I wouldn't begrudge him moving on if an offer came in for him...although I think we'd miss him a lot.

Not sure if you respect Van Gaal's opinion but I just read that he rated him as the best player on the pitch. In a world cup semi final. Oh, and think about who else was on the pitch.

Not much if he comes out with rubbish like that.

Did anyone enjoy watching that game? I know I didn't 2 teams to scared to give it a real go playing out a boring 0-0 game.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/486997381683376128

The stats seems to correlate with the successful manager's opinion:

Ron Vlaar By Numbers:

100% tackles won

100% aerial duels

11 clearances

6 interceptions

92% pass accuracy

#Roncrete

Average AT BEST though, yeah?

Edit - I know his stats are warped by playing against jokers like Messi, Aguero, Lavezzi and Higuain but even if he was playing against someone half decent he'd have done better than AVERAGE IMHO.

Edited by ArteSuave
  • Like 4

Average of what though?

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/486997381683376128

The stats seems to correlate with the successful manager's opinion:

Ron Vlaar By Numbers:

100% tackles won

100% aerial duels

11 clearances

6 interceptions

92% pass accuracy

#Roncrete

Average AT BEST though, yeah?

Give it a rest, you think he's the best I think he's average (average=poor). Who cares? I certainly don't.

Â