Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Was it his hamstring before too? Maybe he hasn't been 100% fit

Has he ever been 100% fit 

I think the way we play has alot to blame

We invite so much pressure onto ourselves our defenders are not given a moments rest during matches

We know vlaar is important and we know he's struggling with fitness and injuries, so we sign grant holt. Genius villa. Absolute genius.

And how do you know that adequate backup for Vlaar was available to loan in on Holt's wages?

We know vlaar is important and we know he's struggling with fitness and injuries, so we sign grant holt. Genius villa. Absolute genius.

And how do you know that adequate backup for Vlaar was available to loan in on Holt's wages?

I doubt Holt is on peanuts but did it have be on Holts wages? What about acting like an established top flight club and paying the going rate for an established top flight quality player or two and seeing how that works under this manager. It is something he hasn't been allowed to do yet.

We had the chance to fill some gaping holes in the squad in January and we didn't. If injuries become a problem then the club will only have itself to blame.

• Like 1

I think the way we play has alot to blame

We invite so much pressure onto ourselves our defenders are not given a moments rest during matches

I completely agree. Centre midfield has been a major sticking point for us for years and it's never been corrected.

I doubt Holt is on peanuts but did it have be on Holts wages? What about acting like an established top flight club and paying the going rate for an established top flight quality player or two and seeing how that works under this manager. It is something he hasn't been allowed to do yet.

We had the chance to fill some gaping holes in the squad in January and we didn't. If injuries become a problem then the club will only have itself to blame.

I have no idea about the financial situation so I don't know.

It could be that there just wasn't anyone that was

- Available for loan

- Willing to take sensible wages

- Good enough to be backup to Vlaar

That last point is probably most crucial.

I have no idea about the financial situation so I don't know.

It could be that there just wasn't anyone that was

- Available for loan

- Willing to take sensible wages

- Good enough to be backup to Vlaar

That last point is probably most crucial.

I am sure somewhere there was a player good enough to either cover for Vlaar or replace Clark in the team that could have been brought in as long as we were willing to fork out the required amount in fees and wages. The same could be said for the creative midfielder we have been crying out for.

The simple fact is we have been trying to do things on the cheap for the last three seasons and it will bite us on the arse big time eventually.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Â